Vista Easy Transfer Permissions Issue With Programs

post-37718-0-52631000-1407610258.jpg

Used the easy transfer process from one vista machine to another.  accepted the defaults in the tree of files to be transfered.  after the transfer i installed acrobat and got a similar error message.  next i tried onedrive and got and took a snap of the similar error message.

I remember seeing "security" listed in that tree of files types and it did not dawn on me until i saw the error that they could be related. 

so i checked the file permission of onedrive.exe and it looked normal.  here is a snap of the user account

post-37718-0-95693300-1407610588.jpg

can someone tell me how to undo this?  i of course need programs to run and not get an error that leads to the program closing.  which is the behavior, install, error, closes.  installing is straight foward...no right click run as admin. the onedrive is just an example.

Thanks

attachicon.giferror.JPG

Used the easy transfer process from one vista machine to another.  accepted the defaults in the tree of files to be transfered.  after the transfer i installed acrobat and got a similar error message.  next i tried onedrive and got and took a snap of the similar error message.

I remember seeing "security" listed in that tree of files types and it did not dawn on me until i saw the error that they could be related. 

so i checked the file permission of onedrive.exe and it looked normal.  here is a snap of the user account

attachicon.giferror account.JPG

can someone tell me how to undo this?  i of course need programs to run and not get an error that leads to the program closing.  which is the behavior, install, error, closes.  installing is straight foward...no right click run as admin. the onedrive is just an example.

Thanks

Please correct me if I am wrong, but are you wanting to change the "User" account to Standard? Perhaps you could create another Administrator account, and use it to change the account type of "User"?

Do you have UAC disabled? Are you running with the built in account?

What is the output of this command

C:\>REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\ /v EnableLUA

And this one

C:\>net user %username%

thanks, here is output and UAC is active and the computer was just reinstalled and the account  was the default. I no longer take liberties because i can not remember how to get out of the small jams.  use it or lose it is true.

C:\Windows\system32>net user %username%
User name                    User
Full Name
Comment
User's comment
Country code                 000 (System Default)
Account active               Yes
Account expires              Never

Password last set            7/10/2014 9:47:48 PM
Password expires             Never
Password changeable          7/10/2014 9:47:48 PM
Password required            No
User may change password     Yes

Workstations allowed         All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon                   8/9/2014 8:21:38 PM

Logon hours allowed          All

Local Group Memberships      *Administrators       *Debugger Users
Global Group memberships     *None
The command completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>

C:\Windows\system32>net user %username%
User name                    User
Full Name
Comment
User's comment
Country code                 000 (System Default)
Account active               Yes
Account expires              Never

Password last set            7/10/2014 9:47:48 PM
Password expires             Never
Password changeable          7/10/2014 9:47:48 PM
Password required            No
User may change password     Yes

Workstations allowed         All
Logon script
User profile
Home directory
Last logon                   8/9/2014 8:21:38 PM

Logon hours allowed          All

Local Group Memberships      *Administrators       *Debugger Users
Global Group memberships     *None
The command completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr
entVersion\Policies\System\ /v EnableLUA

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    EnableLUA    REG_DWORD    0x0

C:\Windows\system32>

"and UAC is active"

That is not what this is saying "REG_DWORD 0x0" That tells me UAC is not enabled. A 1 would mean its enabled

here is mine

post-14624-0-70443700-1407760707.png

Your UAC is disabled - why would be my question? Enable it and you should be fine and those errors should go away.

i believed you from the getgo.  i was saying it was active because i have have not deactivated and was doing my best to explain my problem and i guess i should have said that.  you knew right away what it was, verified it and solved it.  again thanks for your help.  i finished with everything and now chrome can use all the memory it needs.

I have never heard of any software disable UAC.. I believe you when you say you didn't disable it and assumed it was enabled, etc.

I would guess its possible that some sort of bad software would turn if off on purpose.. But you were using this software?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14179

I wouldn't think that would do it.. Is it possible that it was disabled on your vista machine? And that is one of the settings that got transferred?

Part of the reason I asked for the command output, is users often say things without actually checking ;) heheeh or don't really understand the question ;)

Q: What firmware are you running

A: The latest

That is not what was asked ;) And your running 1.2.3 which is not the latest by like 7 revisions ;)

Glad you got it sorted..