Now everyone is recording their nightmare Comcast calls

Comcast wanted to charge me $150 to install equipment so my house can handle their Extreme 105 package. So, needless to say I ended up with just their 50mbps package which is $89/month which is what the Extreme 105 package is for 12 months.

You know... I don't know what the law is in the US, but in the UK, it's actually illegal to record any call you make unless you first notify the other party that you are recording (and record that notification as well).

All Calls with Comcast, and most other businesses with Call Centers for sale/support, record their calls. There is a warning when you are about to be connected to an actual person saying your call may be recorded.

While that's not YOU warning them, I'm willing to bet in court it would hold up that the Comcast Rep had reason to believe his call may be recorded, by his own business if not the customer, this making it fine.

It's amazing I never thought I'd ever appreciate the state of the UKs broadband until I started to see all of these Americans crying about Comcast, I though America had quite strict monopoly laws?

Good, the problem is Comcast is so huge, and this seems to be an actually effective way to get service, shine a light on issues.

There's also very receptive since there trying to influence FCC on regulations and merge with Time Warner so the government also paying a bit more attention. 

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you go about recording a phonecall? Simply as holding a microphone to the receiver?

There's plenty of android apps that can do this, no mod / rooting required. 

On a side note, if you call live / have a phone located in Ohio, only one party has to know the message is being recorded. So you can record any incoming calls.
If you call out from Ohio, out of the state not so sure about legal aspect of recording, however. 

Hi Jason,

there was a time I looked at phone recorders on my Android, but all had the problem they could record what you speak into the line, but not what the other was saying.

Could you use a recorder on your phone to record a conversation on your landline at home?

This is not only limited to Comcast.  I had a similar experience with Fios, I needed a new line ran into a room and they were going to charge me $85 for tech visit.  They offered if I upgrade to Extreme HD or whatever package then I would not be charged.  Sure enough the next bill had a tech visit for $85 on there.  They took it off pretty easily but I am sure most of these companies just hope that a % of people just pay the bill and never call to complain.

Verizon phukked with me and so I discontinue my 20+ service with them...  Disconnect my landline and never pay for what they charge me for which was falsify by the tech.  I really want to discontinue my Comcast and get Verizon FiOS but have had bad excursion with Verizon already I don't want to show them I crawl back to them.

Considering how ager these morons are to give out customer info to anyone who says they are from the corporate office and how stupid the customers who complain on twitter posting their phone number for anyone to call as support I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were talking to a troll.

lol that was hillarious... I laughed a lot

You know... I don't know what the law is in the US, but in the UK, it's actually illegal to record any call you make unless you first notify the other party that you are recording (and record that notification as well).

I think in the US, as long as one party is aware of the recording, it's legal.