Gamescom 2014: Geometry Wars: Dimensions, King's Quest Revivals Announced

Sierra's return has been confirmed.

By Mike MahardyAt Gamescom today, Activision confirmed that Sierra is alive and well, and is bringing a couple of lauded franchises back with it.

Sierra's chief purpose under the Activision label will be to bring indie labels to digital platforms such as PSN, Xbox Live and Steam. One such title is the Geometry Wars franchise, which will be revived with Geometry Wars: Dimensions later this year, according to Gamesindustry Biz. The new title will include cooperative and competitive multiplayer, and it will be released on "more platforms than ever before," although they remain unspecified.

King's Quest, the classic point-and-click adventure series, is also being revived. It's being developed by The Odd Gentlemen, and has a planned 2015 release date.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-2014-geometry-wars-dimensions-kings-quest-revivals-announced?abthid=53ea26a3f432577f3d000017

GW :wub:

Woot, seriously one of my all time favorite games. I usually just turn on some music, and just play. I wish they released Geo. Wars 2 on the PC!

Woot, seriously one of my all time favorite games. I usually just turn on some music, and just play. I wish they released Geo. Wars 2 on the PC!

geometry wars???    i totally missed out on that, so i could not care less.

who the hell cares for a simple addictive games, when you can also care for: Gabriel Knight, King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Leisure suit Larry series!!!!!  

This games were the schiezznitt during my young years.  Though Leisure suit larry ---- they do not own this one any more.

geometry wars???    i totally missed out on that, so i could not care sell.

who the hell cares for a simple addictive games, when you can also care for: Gabriel Knight, King's Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest, Leisure suit Larry!!!!!  

This games were the schiezznitt during my young years.

Though Leisure suit larry ---- they do not own this one any more

Yep, sorry, was referencing Geo. Wars. Never heard of the other games, except for Leisure Suit Larry...

Countless hours playing kings quest 3 in computer class in the 90s. Never did figure out how to beat that game. Police quest was such a great game. Don't see how you can play these on consoles though, I always played the text based versions.

• Like 1

yeah, i grew up on text based adventures too.   but a point a click adventures were well beyond text only by the time they were finished.

later king's quests...  and all of later lucasart games.     day of the tenticle, and indiana jones: the fate of atlantis, monkey island.  i can go on forever, and they all used just point and click, without typing text.

doable on any console, though obviously much nicer with mouse.

seriously, Sierra better focus on PC!  If their new King quest is mostly adapted to consoles only, or just for consoles, they might as well be dead for me.

Countless hours playing kings quest 3 in computer class in the 90s. Never did figure out how to beat that game. Police quest was such a great game. Don't see how you can play these on consoles though, I always played the text based versions.

King's Quest!

Oh man, I'm so happy to hear that. I hope they don't screw up the classic formula. Getting a new King's Quest game and Grim Fandango has my classic adventure game senses tingling! :laugh: