help! laptop still hangs

Can you still get to the Desktop via safe mode?

So in Device Manager, the display adapter was listed as (something like) 'generic VGA adapter'? It should have stated 'Nvidia ...'.

yes, and i cn still go to desktop in normal boot up

yes.. it displays generic vga adapter and no nvidia

Here:

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

You can mount the ISO on a CD, or via a USB drive.

When you boot up, start hitting F12 - this will pull up a boot menu

Select CD, or USB (whichever you choose to create)

And then just let it run for an hour

If you dont see any red - you're good and its not RAM

before the windows logo? or during my laptop's logo

and just now.. if i press the power on button. after 5 mins.. the screen is still black.. so i suggest it hangs ryt? i tried again and it boot up well.. is there something wrong now with the mobo?

That's the video chip issue as mentioned before. Had stacks of HP/Compaq's do this on the workbench.

Unfortunately this laptop's destined for the scrap heap, unless you want to take a risk at reflowing the video chip (not recommended, and likely to fail again).

laptops logo, hit F12

if you see a windows logo - you need to reboot & try again

will i extract the files on my usb or just copy the zip??

and also.. do i nedd to empty my usb fist?

laptops logo, hit F12

if you see a windows logo - you need to reboot & try again

dude.. i just copy the zip and tried it and it says and it failed and says check cable connections

what now?

That's the video chip issue as mentioned before. Had stacks of HP/Compaq's do this on the workbench.

Unfortunately this laptop's destined for the scrap heap, unless you want to take a risk at reflowing the video chip (not recommended, and likely to fail again).

i still have hope that mine will be fixed.. :)))

dudes.. recently.. i tried using my laptop in an air conditioned room, and it lasted after 1 and a half hour .

usually, it hangs after a minute or 2.

so just want to ask if which part my my board overheats? any programs to suggest on how to monitor the gpu, processors and other chips temp?

I have the same annoying issue, It's the GPU issue, I have Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS, my issue started since a year when I got some black screen with some grey colours , went to a repairer, tried the resoldering method (as mentioned by 68k) it lasted more than 6 months as I started using External Fan, but since a month and I guess because of Summer (more heat) I started getting some annoying cold freezing just like I stated in  this Topic 

NB: Just look below, this took from Wikipedia 

806702ea4e.png