Which Nikon DSLR (<

I do agree with you, however NOT all mirrorless have the same size sensor as APC, take Nikons J1 or Canon M for that matter, Olympus as well, Sony being the exception. Not sure on the others.

Mirrorless APS-C Manufacturers (1.5-1.6 crop factor):

• Sony
  • Samsung
  • Lecia
  • Canon (the EOS M has an APS-C sensor)
  • Fujifilm
  • Sigma

Micro Four Thirds Manufacturers (2x crop factor):

• Panasonic
  • Olympus

Those with smaller than MFT sensors:

• Nikon

Sony is hardly the exception for using APS-C, although they are the exception if you're looking for a full-frame mirrorless camera.

Mirrorless APS-C Manufacturers (1.5-1.6 crop factor):

• Sony
  • Samsung
  • Lecia
  • Canon (the EOS M has an APS-C sensor)
  • Fujifilm
  • Sigma

Micro Four Thirds Manufacturers (2x crop factor):

• Panasonic
  • Olympus

Those with smaller than MFT sensors:

• Nikon
  • pentax

Sony is hardly the exception for using APS-C, although they are the exception if you're looking for a full-frame mirrorless camera.

Agreed, my point being, there are mirrorless with sensors smaller than APC-C

Agreed, my point being, there are mirrorless with sensors smaller than APC-C

Fair enough, I can't argue with that. My posts about mirrorless image quality have been very specifically aimed at APS-C sensor cameras as I personally don't seem MFT and smaller sensor sizes staying around much longer since it's now relatively easy to put an APS-C sensor into tiny bodies. 

Fact is, a true f2 lens or a f1.8 or f1.4 which you can get for a decent price for a regular DSLR, is a lot more expensive on mirrorless systems. 

So again, they are good cameras, and with the right optics they can be very good, in some cases as good as a standard DSLR... of course by then you have spent more money, for a camera whose ONLY advantage is being smaller, which in reality isn't much of an advantage anyway. 

http://petapixel.com/2014/05/18/are-camera-manufacturers-misleading-us-by-not-calculating-the-sensor-size-into-specs/