RetroGamer : Best PS1/PS2 games?

Just wanted to go back in time and play some older games.

What were the best games for the PS1 and PS2?  

I'm a fan of Gran Turismo (any good race car game), Silent Hill, Resident Evil, love arcade type game.  Not a fan of RPG or fight games.

Any suggestion?

On PS1? Load up Dino Crisis if you're a fan of silent hill and resident evil.. Syphon Filter maybe?

Heaps of different games that are great. Kula World, Hogs of War, CTR, Spyro, Gex, Croc.. 

Destruction Derby 2! The classic smash-em up car game! I still play it to this day, played it non-stop on my new PSX in '97!

*peers at book game shelves*

PS2: Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Final Fantasy X, Ridge Racer V, Worms 3D, Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4.

PSX: Metal Gear Solid + VR Missions, Final Fantasy series, Wipeout 2097, Wip3out special edition, Ridge Racer Type 4, Ridge Racer Revolution, Tekken 3, Medievil, Medievil 2, SKULLMONKEYS, Overboard, Grand Theft Auto, Cool Boarders 2, Cool Boarders 3, Tony Hawk's Skateboarding, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, Dave Mirra's Pro BMX, Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped, Spyro The Dragon, Gex 3D Enter The Gecko, Worms, Doom

• Like 2

This is a bit hard not mentioned rpg's...

PS2 was the king of Jrpg's.

Playstation 1

Mis-adventures of Tron Bonne.

Megaman Legends 1 & 2

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Playstation 2

Ratchet & Clank Series (First three at least)

Jak & Daxter

Tecmo deception / TRAPT sereis

Can't resist, will mention just one

Xengears (PS1) JRPG