[Confirmed] Amazon

Oh really?

Really, you still have to use a first and last name, if these aren't detected as real names by google you will be warned that they can force you to change it or close your account(I just tried changing my account the other day), and the nickname function is useless as you can't use just the nick name as your display name, no you have to make a page then you can use the page as the YT "persona"... 

it's a horrible mess. 

Really, you still have to use a first and last name, if these aren't detected as real names by google you will be warned that they can force you to change it or close your account(I just tried changing my account the other day), and the nickname function is useless as you can't use just the nick name as your display name, no you have to make a page then you can use the page as the YT "persona"... 

it's a horrible mess. 

You don't. I just tried to change the name of a secondary google account and it only suggests using a name that the people you know can find. It doesn't say anything at all about any enforcement or potential account deletion.

Checking the support page for name changing the only restrictions are that you must use either two names or a name and a dot, that you can't use special characteres, and no impersonation.

I just changed that account name to an obvious non-name word + a dot and it worked without problems or warnings. It's showing in my Google+ profile as the word without the dot.