new frontpage topbar request

i have a request for change of behavior on the top bar of the front page

I like how the top bar collapses when you scroll down but I don't like how it expands right when you start scrolling up again

I'd prefer that the top bar remains auto-hidden unless you're at the top of the page or you hover your mouse over it (the second thing already works which is great)

• Like 3

I think if they added an arrow when it is collapsed to click on to bring it down rather than scrolling would be a nice way of implementing it. It could also be an option so you could toggle the show on scrolling functionality for people who prefer that. 

It's annoying the way it works.  Making it static is the way to go IMO.

Disagree. What if i want to be able to see and have quick access to notifications (When they come back), messages, quicklinks etc? 

Add an option in the user's settings page to tweak the design, problem solved :)

Problem not solved, means we then have to take into account that setting for every future header tweak :P

I've worked with IPB in the past it's possible to implement it (not easy, but possible)

Mostly it's a conditional CSS file, which then overrides the default values. 5 lines of CSS in that file and 9999.. less complaints :p

I've worked with IPB in the past it's possible to implement it (not easy, but possible)

Mostly it's a conditional CSS file, which then overrides the default values. 5 lines of CSS in that file and 9999.. less complaints :p

Main page isn't powered by ipb :P

IP.Content, no?

Well, then it's somewhat harder I guess :s

Haha no, we'd be internet gods if that main page was some how done in ip.content. We use a custom cms called ignition.

I'm not sure why it's set to nearly nothing without any branding or anything at all on it either. It should be smaller, but still having branding on it.

You mean like everything else about the redesign?  :rofl:

I don't hate the current behavior, but it is a bit annoying on desktop, I like it on Mobile. I'd prefer it if it only revealed on reaching the top of the page or on a Mouse hover.

Disagree. What if i want to be able to see and have quick access to notifications (When they come back), messages, quicklinks etc? 

I think he meant the fact that it pops out and hides depending on the scrolling state, not the fact the bar has dynamic content on it (which should stay of course).

Either adding an option for a user's choice (Hi Microsoft!), or making the bar stay out permanently (albeit making it thinner), would be great.

• Like 1