Protonmail.ch

25 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

It was just released within the last few weeks. I've got it, it's easy as hell to use. Rather nice too.

i wished it did not just make all your encrypted mail so easily available.  and that it would ask your encryption (second) password everytime.  or at least had an option to do so!

i use this email for sensitive stuff i don't want sitting in my other emails.   having it easily open on my android kinda defeats the purpose (even though my phone is locked, i am not sure it cannot be easily broken into if lost :()

1 hour ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

i wished it did not just make all your encrypted mail so easily available.  and that it would ask your encryption (second) password everytime.  or at least had an option to do so!

i use this email for sensitive stuff i don't want sitting in my other emails.   having it easily open on my android kinda defeats the purpose (even though my phone is locked, i am not sure it cannot be easily broken into if lost :()

Weird, it asks for my second password everytime. I login, and then when I close the app and wait awhile, I have to re-enter everything. Username, password, decrypt password.

3 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

Weird, it asks for my second password everytime. I login, and then when I close the app and wait awhile, I have to re-enter everything. Username, password, decrypt password.

really? that is the behavior i EXPECTED of it, based on the website.  

however, in my experience, i only downloaded the app once, and it opened my email, and since then (a few weeks) it has being one click opening (no passwords) and fully notifying app.  even when the phone is locked, i see a message (you have new mail)  and the mail is one click away.   as of now. after weeks of reboots and dying batteries.  

1 minute ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

however, in my experience, i only downloaded the app once, and it opened my email, and since then (a few weeks) it has being one click opening (no passwords) and fully notifying app.  even when the phone is locked, i see a message (you have new mail)  and the mail is one click away.   just like gmail.

Strange. I only use it for secure messaging to people who use encryption. What I really want to know is what their stance is towards the U.S. and Data Requests. I mean, I'm not doing anything illegal per se.

I'll keep fiddling with it and let you know. I've got another email client I use BlueMail for everything not-Google related, works pretty damn well too. Just not for protonmail :(  Oh yeah! They switched from .ch to .com now too. The default for me is .com, and not .ch

On 5/28/2016 at 8:44 PM, E.worm Jimmy said:

however, in my experience, i only downloaded the app once, and it opened my email, and since then (a few weeks) it has being one click opening (no passwords) and fully notifying app.  even when the phone is locked, i see a message (you have new mail)  and the mail is one click away.   as of now. after weeks of reboots and dying batteries.  

Yeah, their phone app doesn't prompt for touchid or password again.  I assume it stores the PW to decrypt the mail on the client side.