Xbox Music update brings Live Tile support and other fixes.

Xbox Music for Windows Phone has just picked up its ninth update. Head into the Windows Phone Store and you'll find an updated Xbox Music app with Live tile support!

Version 2.6.224 of Xbox Music is now live. Today's update brings the following:

You can now see incredible artist art & visualizations when playing music on your LIVE TILE! Requires Update 1 (OS Version #8.10.14141 & higher)  <-- Well this leaves me out in the cold, thanks HTC!

Album art should show up much more reliably in all areas of the app

Several bugs have also been fixed in today's update. Those bugs are listed below:

Performance / page loads

Preventing any unexpected app exits

Reducing our memory footprint, resulting in less app suspensions & terminations during multi-tasking

Addressing playlist duplication issues

Cleaning up Recent Plays interactions

http://www.wpcentral.com/xbox-music-windows-phone-gains-live-tile-support-new-update?utm_source=wpc&utm_medium=twitter

One of these days I will believe that they have "improved performance". :/

Hey at least my album art is now back.

One of these days I will believe that they have "improved performance". :/

Hey at least my album art is now back.

I've noticed improved performance actually.   Still needs more but it's better than it was 2-3 updates ago.

I've noticed improved performance actually.   Still needs more but it's better than it was 2-3 updates ago.

Putting aside hyperbole in my previous post, they did improve a bit but it's still nowhere near the "fast and fluid" player we had on WP7.x or even WP8.

Putting aside hyperbole in my previous post, they did improve a bit but it's still nowhere near the "fast and fluid" player we had on WP7.x or even WP8.

I agree, just shows how native and tied to the OS the others were compared to this stand alone app.  It'll get there though, just who knows how long.  Maybe twice a week isn't fast enough update wise?

Playing the radio, and switching back and forth between apps, sometimes results in a "resuming" page followed by a fall to the Start screen.  Could happen at least 2 or 3 times before the tapping the app tile or tapping the song name from the pull down music controls, will actually open it.

There's also an issue with opening a song saved to the Reading List app.  Sometimes it leads to an empty black screen, and other times it will only bring up the album that the song is in, rather than playing the song itself.

Also the live tile sometimes gets stuck showing a particular artist, sometimes for the entire duration of play after many different artists, rather than whoever's song is currently playing.

Aside from that, I have noticed much better performance, and it really does finally show all my album art, which is awesome.