Nintendo Unveils New 3DS

there are a few games that I play in 3D because it was done well. that's both the Zelda games, StarFox, & Pokemon X/Y

Agreed. A Link Between Worlds looks great in 3D. Although with that particular game when using 3D I did often have to take breaks.

I actually think when done right 3D makes the most sense in video games. It is a 3D environment more often than not.

That is why it is somewhat disappointing to me 3D has not taken off in video games like I thought it could.

Granted the 3DS is not a great representation of the type of 3D I am talking about.

But I do get it, people just hate wearing the glasses.

But when done right, it really does add another level of depth.

Agreed. A Link Between Worlds looks great in 3D. Although with that particular game when using 3D I did often have to take breaks.

I actually think when done right 3D makes the most sense in video games. It is a 3D environment more often than not.

That is why it is somewhat disappointing to me 3D has not taken off in video games like I thought it could.

Granted the 3DS is not a great representation of the type of 3D I am talking about.

But I do get it, people just hate wearing the glasses.

But when done right, it really does add another level of depth.

i bought nvidia 3d vision when it first came out.    had to return it after 2 weeks, since in many games that i tried, 3d only looked cool for 5 minutes, but then became annoying, as the quality of 3d was hit and miss, even in the game that was designed to support it.

it was more of the novelty, that seemed added in the last minute.    just like many 3d movies feel for me    (actually, like ALL of them felt, until Avatar)     

I have only seen maybe 3 movies where the 3d was done so well, that would never want to watch the movie without it.   

now waiting for  occulus or PS4 3d,   hoping the games will be better designed for that!!

i have no idea why anyone might still want to buy a handheld gaming device when iOS and android hardware is far superior and more flexibility in every way other than lacking some nintendo exclusive game.

while there are nowadays a few great games on phones,    there are not nearly as many as for proper handhelds.   also - phones dont have dedicated controls, and most of them don't have the battery to play for a decent amount of time, if you are paying resource hungry game

I played Shovel Knight exclusively in 3D, and it looked great. Really gave it an added layer of depth.

It all depends on the game for myself.

:) if i ever get my hands on 3DS, i will have to replay that game.

I played Shovel Knight exclusively in 3D, and it looked great. Really gave it an added layer of depth.

It all depends on the game for myself.

I like the 3D. I think glasses-less 3D is cool tech, but if you are slightly off centre it goes about as blurry as your vision after a night on the drink. This new 3DS apparently remedies that.

Having a portable device that needs to be held very steadily for its namesakes function to work is really a failure. Hell, to some extent, Nintendo admitted it by releasing the 2DS. 2DS? That naming convention doesn't even make sense.

I have 3 Super Smash Brother Demo codes for the 3DS.

First 3 people to PM me get them.

Have to have over 100 posts.

I traded my 3DSXL in at the right time lol. Literally days before this was announced. I just don't play handhelds enough. The Vita is good enough for me for PS4 remote play and its slew of RPGs/indies.

If they aren't region locked I wouldn't mind one, thanks (Y)

I have the XL zelda edition, not really much incentive to get this one, especially considering there aren't really that many games for it that are to my taste. I'm still waiting for a new Metroid, Starfox or something which apparently isn't happening so screw Nintendo seeing as the games for this isn't backward compatible but I suppose the 3ds has been out long enough for a complete new system but this doesn't offer much.

I also have 3 codes

i have no idea why anyone might still want to buy a handheld gaming device when iOS and android hardware is far superior and more flexibility in every way other than lacking some nintendo exclusive game.

How about better controls? How about original games not available on iOS/Android?

• 1 month later...

Well there goes hope of a new Metroid or StarFox on my current 3ds as if they ever do it would be for the new handheld. I don't think I'm gonna upgrade again, the current library felt kinda lackluster for the types I like and can't rely on N to bust out their exclusives at any periodical rate. They are sitting on a gold mine for another Super Metroid or even a decent Icarus without the funky control scheme but perhaps Ubisoft spoiled me with yearly releases.

Because some people HATE touch controls and LIKE physical controls.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...