Two female basketball coaches turned a Catholic secondary school into Horndog High, bedding students for years under the watch of a skirt-chasing athletic director, according to an alleged victim and three school sources.

The NYPD says it?s now investigating sordid allegations swirling around Moore Catholic HS, a top Staten Island institution founded by nuns in 1962 and charging $8,000 in annual tuition.

Among the claims is that Megan Mahoney, a former assistant women?s basketball coach and gym teacher, had a months-long sexual relationship last year with a 16-year-old student; and that Richard Postiglione, Moore?s athletic director and chief operating officer, failed to report multiple faculty-student affairs to authorities beginning as early as 2006, though he and the principal were told of the randy romps.

The most recent alleged victim, whose name is being withheld by The Post, said he and Mahoney engaged in multiple trysts in her car, beginning last fall after she approached him in the gym and offered to coach him in basketball.

more

Yes, Victim. As actual Victim. Stop trying to make it sound like it's a good thing.

Watch & take your ill informed "It's ok because it's a female teacher having sex with a guy" stuff elsewhere.

• Like 2

Heh, "victim"

i don't get you: so it's OK for a female adult to take advantage from a minor, but it's not when it's a male adult taking advantage?

• Like 2

i don't get you: so it's OK for a female adult to take advantage from a minor, but it's not when it's a male adult taking advantage?

"16-year-old student"

16yo is borderline legal age in many places, in this case, since it's NY, the legal age for sex is 17yo iirc.  So one year off and there's no issue outside of her being his teacher, which would get her fired at the most.  This being another state though, where legal age is 16 then there'd be no real story here.

16yo is borderline legal age in many places, in this case, since it's NY, the legal age for sex is 17yo iirc.  So one year off and there's no issue outside of her being his teacher, which would get her fired at the most.  This being another state though, where legal age is 16 then there'd be no real story here.

actually I suspect with the age difference being so big as well as the teacher having a position of authority over the student they would get charged with taking abuse of underage girls or "rape" anyway. 

It's actually legal in many places as long as the teen is consensual and the adult is not in a position of authority.

I think that the fact that she is his coach makes it illegal in many of those places though.

actually I suspect with the age difference being so big as well as the teacher having a position of authority over the student they would get charged with taking abuse of underage girls or "rape" anyway. 

She was 25 the age difference aint that big. if she was not his coach i would not see the problem.

It's actually legal in many places as long as the teen is consensual and the adult is not in a position of authority.

I think that the fact that she is his coach makes it illegal in many of those places though.

She was 25 the age difference aint that big. if she was not his coach i would not see the problem.

Actually at that age it is very big. over here and many other places that have sexual age of below 18, it's quite common that the law also state that any partner must also be under 18 or within 2 years age difference, so avoid a "stronger" person taking advantage of the younger one, add in the older person also being the youngers authority figure in some form ...

Yeah, I think at the most she'll end up losing her job but nothing else.  Guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

Yeah, I think at the most she'll end up losing her job but nothing else.  Guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

The joys of the double standard applied to women and men. If this were a male teacher he would be raked across the coals hardcore.

It is a shame as rape for guys is severely overlooked and under-punished.

Hopefully she serves the maximum punishable under the law. Molestation is often done by those in authority and it should be punished equally even if the molester is female.

This isnt anything new
Coaches always screw their students, specially here in Australia. Its one of them 'everyone knows they do it, but no one talks about it) 

Coaches always screw their students, specially here in Australia. Its one of them 'everyone knows they do it, but no one talks about it) 

That's a really big claim, i'm sure you have some proof to back that up...

As for the topic, why are people using the word "rape", when it appears that it was consensual?

As for the topic, why are people using the word "rape", when it appears that it was consensual?

Probably because of the silly 'statutory rape' laws.

You can't have sex if you are under 18 or whatever age.

Somehow, you don't have a mature mind to give your consent to sex, until you turn 18. :rolleyes:

In the US the age of consent is 16-18, but the partner cannot be someone in a position of authority (govt employee, teacher, principal, counsellor etc.) and in many states they have to be no more than 4-5 Years older (varies.) Some states also have Romeo & Juliet laws to cover cases on the boundaries.

I don't have proof as its was more an unspoken thing back when I was in high school. I don't know if it still happens now, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it is. 

And not only that, providing proof would be dobbing someone in, something I'd never do anyway. 

And not only that, providing proof would be dobbing someone in, something I'd never do anyway. 

I certainly hope you're not suggesting you'd withhold evidence of a crime.

Nah, you wouldn't do that.

I don't look at this as rape either, it's easy to toss that word out there but it doesn't apply in this case.  Heck, it's not so much a double standard either, in most cases the boy in this type of event is 16-17 and isn't taken without his will, isn't forced.  In other cases when it's a girl and a male teacher or w/e, it ends up being forced and so on.   Let's be real here, back when I was 16-17 if a good looking 25 year old female teacher made the moves on me and wanted sex would I turn her down?  No, I wouldn't.  And after the fact I wouldn't call it rape either. 

because a person of authority took advantage of students under the age of 18. even if they where over 18 it could be considered rape. 

I don't look at this as rape either, it's easy to toss that word out there but it doesn't apply in this case.  Heck, it's not so much a double standard either, in most cases the boy in this type of event is 16-17 and isn't taken without his will, isn't forced.  In other cases when it's a girl and a male teacher or w/e, it ends up being forced and so on.   Let's be real here, back when I was 16-17 if a good looking 25 year old female teacher made the moves on me and wanted sex would I turn her down?  No, I wouldn't.  And after the fact I wouldn't call it rape either. 

In essence because you where a young kid full of hormones who want sex at any time with mostly anyone, you'd let her take advantage of you.

you don't consider it rape, not at that time/age anyway, but reality is a bit more complex than that. Just because you want sex doesn't mean you're not being taken advantage of. 

• Like 2