I'm here!

Hi All,

I'm new here but have been using Windows since 3.0. Indirectly my job depends on Microsoft as I'm in the Dynamics consultancy business. I like PCs more than I like gadgets, and I joined to keep track of interesting news about techy stuff and learn about what people are doing with their Windows boxes these days.

I'm on Twitter with the @NP_Lima handle as well.

and here!

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to Neowin. Enjoy your stay.

MS Dynamics though? Ugh. I'm administrating a CRM 2011 installation at work (upgrade to CRM 2013 planned), and it can be a real pain in the rear at times.

Hi All,

I like PCs more than I like gadgets,

we have something in common here! welcome to the forums. lots of windows experts here so you should be fine. :)

Hi and welcome to Neowin. Enjoy your stay.

MS Dynamics though? Ugh. I'm administrating a CRM 2011 installation at work (upgrade to CRM 2013 planned), and it can be a real pain in the rear at times.

Thanks!

We have both Dynamics NAV and Dynamics CRM. Getting them to work well together makes for really cool projects.

I don't think we've had any project that caused more pain than leaving things as they were before :)

Thanks!

We have both Dynamics NAV and Dynamics CRM. Getting them to work well together makes for really cool projects.

I don't think we've had any project that caused more pain than leaving things as they were before :)

We're using Dynamics CRM in combination with an in-house developed ERP, connecting the two via Scribe. Because of the organically grown nature of our ERP (in development since the mid-90s, based on Visual FoxPro of all things) it's not nearly as easy as it could be.

An upgrade to CRM 2013 is planned for after we've finally upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2013. Which should have been long done, alas, I'm not the one in charge of the schedule.

</rant>

We're using Dynamics CRM in combination with an in-house developed ERP, connecting the two via Scribe. Because of the organically grown nature of our ERP (in development since the mid-90s, based on Visual FoxPro of all things) it's not nearly as easy as it could be.

An upgrade to CRM 2013 is planned for after we've finally upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2013. Which should have been long done, alas, I'm not the one in charge of the schedule.

</rant>

yeah, that "ideal world" where everything works together and all components are contemporary with one another must be a nice place to visit :)

I enjoy visiting companies that already have a home-made ERP. They have the worst UIs :D

Scribe is used for linking CRM with Dynamics NAV as well. My company uses a home-made integration instead though. It suits us better especially when we want to use Office365 as single sign on for the whole thing.