Supergirl (TV Series)

It has a chance to go grown that its not competing in the same time slot as the other DC show Gotham. It was dumb that they scheduled the shows the way they did which hurt the ratings. Now its on the sibling network CW and not competing with CW it should do well.

17 minutes ago, kev64 said:

It started with almost 13 million viewers but then lost over half of them.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/supergirl-season-one-ratings-39121/

Actually, it didn't, what you don't see in that chart is the DVR numbers which are an additional 3million or so, so it's up around the 10million mark in total viewers if you add live and dvr together.

• 3 weeks later...

Superman will join The CW's Supergirl next season.

Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg confirmed in a statement received by Variety that DC's most iconic superhero, Superman, would star in the first and second episodes of the new season this fall. They have yet to cast an actor in the role.

Superman joins Supergirl just as the show is undergoing some important changes, including moving from CBS to The CW. The move means the show has the potential for even more crossover appearances from other superheroes, including the Flash and Green Arrow.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/6/11868564/superman-supergirl-season-2

13 minutes ago, George P said:

Superman will join The CW's Supergirl next season.

Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg confirmed in a statement received by Variety that DC's most iconic superhero, Superman, would star in the first and second episodes of the new season this fall. They have yet to cast an actor in the role.

Superman joins Supergirl just as the show is undergoing some important changes, including moving from CBS to The CW. The move means the show has the potential for even more crossover appearances from other superheroes, including the Flash and Green Arrow.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/6/11868564/superman-supergirl-season-2

Hopefully they'll just cast Brandon Routh. Since DCTV already recycles actors in roles across dimensions, it wouldn't be too big a deal to have Clark Kent and Ray Palmer look alike. Especially since they already do ...

Just now, DConnell said:

Hopefully they'll just cast Brandon Routh. Since DCTV already recycles actors in roles across dimensions, it wouldn't be too big a deal to have Clark Kent and Ray Palmer look alike. Especially since they already do ...

Yeah, personally if it's him or just someone else I don't mind.  The bigger story here is that WB is letting them use Superman in a TV show at all.  Sure it's not a Superman TV series, but still, it opens it up to say, other characters showing up as well.  Not the same as their movie versions but hey, it's DC and there's a multiverse.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, George P said:

Yeah, personally if it's him or just someone else I don't mind.  The bigger story here is that WB is letting them use Superman in a TV show at all.  Sure it's not a Superman TV series, but still, it opens it up to say, other characters showing up as well.  Not the same as their movie versions but hey, it's DC and there's a multiverse.

I'd call that the best news I've heard since

Spoiler

the return of the real Flash in DC Rebirth.

42 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I'd call that the best news I've heard since

Reveal hidden contents

the return of the real Flash in DC Rebirth.

Spoiler

I expect great things from DC rebirth. 

41 minutes ago, George P said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I expect great things from DC rebirth. 

Spoiler

We got Wally back. Everything else is icing in my book.

1 hour ago, wv@gt said:

Or you know they could always try to re cast Tom Welling :p
He actually looks the part now 

I don't know if they want to do that, because then it's like they're tying Supergirl to Smallville, which I suppose they can but still, I don't know.  That show went too far off from it's source for my liking, so I'd rather they don't bring It up ever again.

1 minute ago, George P said:

I don't know if they want to do that, because then it's like they're tying Supergirl to Smallville, which I suppose they can but still, I don't know.  That show went too far off from it's source for my liking, so I'd rather they don't bring It up ever again.

Smallville was good in the beginning when it was about an extraordinary young man's growth into the world's greatest villain.

What do you mean the show wasn't about Lex? :huh: It certainly didn't make Clark interesting enough to be worth watching for.

• Like 1

Supergirl Season 2 Adds Lex Luthor's Sister, Maggie Sawyer, Snapper Carr, and More.

Supergirl is staffing up for the move to The CW and season two with five more new characters, including two series regulars and three recurring roles. The new characters pull heavily from the pages of DC Comics, and imply some major shifts in the dynamic of the show's current lineup.

The two series regulars are Lena Luthor and Nick Farrow. Lena is the sister of Lex Luthor, leaving Metropolis for National City to "get out from under the shadow" of her brother, as TV Line reports. Her age range for casting is listed as 25-35, and she's listed as sexy, smart, and determined. Farrow, meanwhile, is a new "leading man" type and the son of a famous reporter who joins CatCo. "In hanging out with Kara, the hero in Nick might finally come out," reads the official description, but no one named Farrow exists at DC Comics. Hopefully Lena's presence doesn't mean Max Lord is leaving National City as its resident ambiguously-evil genius.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/08/supergirl-season-2-adds-lex-luthors-sister-maggie-sawyer-snapper/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the movie suit better, something about that belt just doesn't work for me.

Really? I hate the current movie suit. I think its a great modern nod to the old style suit so it works really well. 
Can't wait for season 2 :)

That belt it just too out of place for me, what point is there in having it exactly?   I think the movie suit looks better, or maybe it's the combination of Cavill who's way bigger, more buff, plus the suit that does it.  This dude doesn't look so super, at least not in this shot, looks like supergirl could kick is butt pretty easy actually.  :p

• 1 month later...

October 10

S2E1: The Adventures of Supergirl

S2E2: Last Children of Krypton

Kara/Supergirl: Melissa Benoist
James Olsen: Mehcad Brooks 
Clark/Superman: Tyler Hoechlin
Hank Henshaw/Manhunter: David Harewood  
Cat Grant: Calista Flockhart 
Alexandra Alex Danvers: Chyler Leigh
Winslow Winn Schott: Jeremy Jordan 
Alura Zor-El: Laura Benanti 
Lynda Carter: President of US
Lena Luthor: Katie McGrath
Lucy Lane: Jenna Dewan Tatum 
Maxwell Lord: Peter Facinelli 
The Danvers: Dean Cain and Helen Slater

spg201a_0002r-c.jpg

supergirl20111.jpg

On 7/29/2016 at 4:03 AM, DocM said:

Tyler Hoechlin seems ready for Supergirl S2, and this suit is more like the current Superman Rebirth series comics than the Cavill cinematic suit.

superman1stlook900_579a645735cfc3-954533

Good choice for Superman - he reminds me of Kirk Alyn, the first actor to play him on screen!

kirk-alyn-superman.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/383925-supergirl-guardian-jimmy-olsen#kSIDGORFLs0oLRdh.99

Guardian as season two progresses

The Guardian is headed to National City and the man behind the mask is one that Supergirl fans already know well. Jimmy Olsen himself, Mehcad Brooks, revealed via social media the first image of the CW series Guardian outfit, revealing that its something that we can expect to see him in quite a bit as season two continues. Check it out in full in the gallery viewer below!

These next few episodes are going to make [James] realize that being a photographer is not enough for him, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells DC Comics, So hes going to go on a pretty exciting career trajectory that were really pumped by. James is going to decide that he can no longer sit back and be a sidekick, so hes going to decide to become a vigilante. Hes going to become Guardian, complete with the shield, which is going to cause a massive problem in his relationship with Kara because he has decided not to tell her. Now theres this new masked vigilante, and she has her own feelings about vigilantes, and it becomes a push and pull about who gets to decide who gets to be a hero?

Guardian made his first comic book appearance in 1942s Star-Spangled Comics #7 and theres no hiding his similarity to Marvel Comics famous red, white and blue hero who Kirby had created the previous year. Although Guardian has had a number of men wear the helmet over the years and realities of DC canon, the vigilante hero debuted as a Metropolis cop, Jim Harper, who took to the streets with an indestructible shield to defeat criminals that he felt the law couldnt reach.

Although Olsen himself has never been Guardian in the comics, the two characters do have a close connection. It was in 1971s Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen #135 that Kirby, as part of his immortal Fourth World saga, re-introduced Guardian to DC lore. This take on the character saw a new Guardian as a clone of the original Jim Harper complete with transferred memories.

Although he did not adopt the Guardian identity, Jim Harper previously appeared on Supergirl, played by Eddie McClintock in the first season episode, Manhunter.

guardian.jpg