Formula E Championship 2014-15 Season

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

^^ Filling in for Antonio Felix da Costa, who's racing in the DTM that weekend. Trulli needs to find a replacement for Vitantonio Liuzzi, too.

My mate I'm going to watch the London race with lives near to Battersea in Clapham, so he decided to take a visit the other day, and work has stated on getting the track sorted.
The amount of camber on some of the straights and corners is going to make it interesting.

6THlohy.jpg
RM9ACHR.jpg

• Like 1

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

On June 6th, after the Moscow ePrix I suffered a faint as a result of dehydration and extreme exhaustion during the race.

As a consecuence of this faint I had some medical tests done, with succesful results, and at the moment my license is temporarily suspended until the FIA makes sure that I'm fully able to carry on with my sporting career.

My health is safe and I'm in shape, and I'm absolutely convinced I can compete this weekend, but for security reasons we need to delve into medical research. For this reason, together with Virgin Racing, the FIA and the doctors we've decided not to take part in the London ePrix this weekend.

It's a shame because it will be the last ePrix of the season and I wanted to race in front of our fans, but we must be respectful with the FIA's procedures.

I want to wish all the luck to my team Virgin Racing in the last ePrix of the 2014/15 Formula E season.

Well that was a decidedly awesome race to go and watch, will pop up photo's when I've got more time.

Crowd went mad for Bird when we realised he'd won.

Also managed to get in and amongst the post race interviews in the press area, so few people compared with F1, much easier to get near to stuff.

• Like 1

Well that was a decidedly awesome race to go and watch, will pop up photo's when I've got more time.

Crowd went mad for Bird when we realised he'd won.

Also managed to get in and amongst the post race interviews in the press area, so few people compared with F1, much easier to get near to stuff.

After yesterday's race and the rain during today's qualifying, I was thinking I had a lucky escape not being able to go up to London. And then today's race happened. :p What a finale; fitting end to the first season of a series that's hopefully here to stay (I did read yesterday that Fox Sports over in America's signed a deal to show Formula E until 2020). I'm a bit concerned we're gonna see one team dominate the field like Mercedes are doing in F1 right now, since the teams will be building their own cars for the next season. Saying that though, there's gonna be eight different manufacturers, and they'll all be using the same Spark chassis as before, so it might still be close and essentially cement itself as electric IndyCar (which would be fitting, considering how many IndyCar drivers took part this season).

After yesterday's race and the rain during today's qualifying, I was thinking I had a lucky escape not being able to go up to London. And then today's race happened. :p What a finale; fitting end to the first season of a series that's hopefully here to stay (I did read yesterday that Fox Sports over in America's signed a deal to show Formula E until 2020). I'm a bit concerned we're gonna see one team dominate the field like Mercedes are doing in F1 right now, since the teams will be building their own cars for the next season. Saying that though, there's gonna be eight different manufacturers, and they'll all be using the same Spark chassis as before, so it might still be close and essentially cement itself as electric IndyCar (which would be fitting, considering how many IndyCar drivers took part this season).

Yeh, luckily the rain was sharp but short, track was dry a good 30mins before the race.

But I agree I don't think we'll see as much of a dramatic split in performance as we do with F1, I still think it'll be close.