Tell that to Studio Liverpool! (Wipeout)

Losing f1 license(expansive) and a tired franchise killed Psygnosis\SCE liverpool. After wipeout 3 it was more of the same game over and over.

Driveclub got push hard by sony and of course it got marketed hard in UK.

No small achievement there :) Especially against some very strong competition.

Now where is my PS+ edition :hmmm: Tempted just to buy the

Big update out with the free tracks

* Adds a new online game mode: Multiplayer Time Trial
* Adds five new tracks in Japan, offering 11 variants in total
Gameplay Improvements:

* Makes changes to AI drafting behaviour, .
* Makes changes to the impact of world collisions whilst driving on a straight, to reduce the amount of drag and speed lost from impact.
* Adds a new option to Event Settings to race without crowd, track infrastructure and corner flags.
* Adds the option to browse and register for Multiplayer events via the Social Hub.
* Windscreen wiper speeds have been changed.
* A bug with AI car wing mirrors not showing a reflecltion has now been fixed.
* Disables overscan compensation when playing via Remote Play.
* Adds a link to the PlayStation
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been paying attention lately but are they still planning on bringing a version of this to PS+ for free?

Sorry I haven't been paying attention lately but are they still planning on bringing a version of this to PS+ for free?

Yeah, from above

As the game ages, and more and more people stop playing the game (as they start moving on to different games), wouldn't that open up all that server space for the free people to play?

As the game ages, and more and more people stop playing the game (as they start moving on to different games), wouldn't that open up all that server space for the free people to play?

The issue was never server capacity. Otherwise it would have been a quick fix to just throw more servers in.

They already went over that a few months ago.

The issue was never server capacity. Otherwise it would have been a quick fix to just throw more servers in.

They already went over that a few months ago.

Actually it's always been a server capacity issue and game coding. They have told us that time and time and time and time and time again on Facebook too.

"In order to help all

snip

Nope

First of all, I really want to apologize with all the players for the connection problems. While coding Driveclub, an error has been made which prevents a lot of people to play at the same time. This is being fixed, but it takes a lot more time than adding 1000, 2000 or 3000 servers since it

They were DDOSing themsevles, considering how everyone should be clued up on this from Lizard Squad, it's not as simple as adding servers.

Yeah, I think we got that ;)

Considering you aren't following Andy's train of thought I don't think "we" got anything :/

Considering you aren't following Andy's train of thought I don't think "we" got anything :/

Feel free to dispute what DriveClub devs have told us. No skin off our back.

snip

All but one of your sources make no mention of server capacity being the cause or reason as to why the PS+ edt. is MIA. Most predate the French VP's comments that throwing more servers will not solve the issue.

In fact, most of them, including the most recent from FB make no mention of capacity. They are improving stability and performance. Not only is Sony's favourite word stability, but it's also standard procedure for any company, let alone a game dev to do this day in and out.

Finally, the GS article never mentions that the capacity was the reason for the delay. Only that they are gearing up for the PS+ Edt launch. Again, another standard procedure for any company launching any product.

If capacity were ever an issue, the game would have been removed from sale to curb overloading, like games in the past have done (GW2 springs to mind). Yet, the servers have been online since launch and after the few shakey weeks, no issues with connecting. Both AB and DL have been able to play and reported for a long time now that the servers were up and running.

All but one of your sources make no mention of server capacity being the cause or reason as to why the PS+ edt. is MIA. Most predate the French VP's comments that throwing more servers will not solve the issue.

In fact, most of them, including the most recent from FB make no mention of capacity. They are improving stability and performance. Not only is Sony's favourite word stability, but it's also standard procedure for any company, let alone a game dev to do this day in and out.

Finally, the GS article never mentions that the capacity was the reason for the delay. Only that they are gearing up for the PS+ Edt launch. Again, another standard procedure for any company launching any product.

If capacity were ever an issue, the game would have been removed from sale to curb overloading, like games in the past have done (GW2 springs to mind). Yet, the servers have been online since launch and after the few shakey weeks, no issues with connecting. Both AB and DL have been able to play and reported for a long time now that the servers were up and running.

You are 100% wrong. Not only did I say server capacity was an issue but so was coding.

Secondly capacity was indeed mentioned.

Thirdly they stated due to server overload it was set to allow one to enter server as another left the server

And finally some of those articles post date the VP.

Not that the VP can be trusted any more than another. It's still PR.

Those are the facts. You are welcome to share your opinion. I posted substanial official back up.

Oh and I have been playing since day one. Not sure what DL or AB has to do with this. You could have added my name in the mix. More importantly what has been your personal server experience with Drive Club?

My hands on can be shared here no problem.

snip

5/8 predate the VP's comments, all of which are talking about the initial surge of players at release. Nothing at all to do with the PS+ Edt. Regardless of who said what on each side of the discussion, these are the facts which have been given. If it were simply a case of adding more servers, they would have done it. But instead it's an issue of how people connect together that is a problem, where an issue is created after a threshold. Not that the servers are full to the brim and can't take more players.

You never stated anything about coding being the issue in the first comment I replied to:

5/8 predate the VP's comments, all of which are talking about the initial surge of players at release. Nothing at all to do with the PS+ Edt. Regardless of who said what on each side of the discussion, these are the facts which have been given. If it were simply a case of adding more servers, they would have done it. But instead it's an issue of how people connect together that is a problem, where an issue is created after a threshold. Not that the servers are full to the brim and can't take more players.

You never stated anything about coding being the issue in the first comment I replied to:

You just keep telling yourself that. We will just go round and round.