so just to be clear, there's no ETA for the PS+ version of this game?

newp.  They want to get server strain under control.  They can't have sold THAT many copies for this to still be an issue.  

I'll say it again -- they NEEDED a beta.

Ugh, rubber banding racer, well it's decided, I'll pass, I'm tired of having exotics and supercars doing 180+mph, only to be passed by (or keeping up) cars I know in real life are blown away at 150

Having said that, the other successful 'driving simulator' is far too serious to be fun anymore also :(

Ugh, rubber banding racer, well it's decided, I'll pass, I'm tired of having exotics and supercars doing 180+mph, only to be passed by (or keeping up) cars I know in real life are blown away at 150

Having said that, the other successful 'driving simulator' is far too serious to be fun anymore also :(

i'm with ya there... Mario Kart is sufficient for me :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heavy storms are mental, and driving conditions are tougher

qngvum.gif

DqY8vd.jpg

eUNi6l.jpg

q8IWbB.jpg

MSwEWJ.jpg

Full notes

New Features:
* Adds weather to the game, for online and offline play.
* Adds two new tracks, both including reverse variants: Atlanterhavsvegen in Norway and Sinclair Pass in Canada.

Improvements:
* Adds the option to configure Throttle/Brake controls onto Up/Down on Right Stick.
* Adds the ability to access Club Cars when offline.
* Adds the ability to access Club Paint Jobs when offline.
* Adds track maps and stats to each track card in Single Event.
* Adds player statistics to various panels within Single Event and Challenges.
* Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.

Add-ons (coming later in December):
* Adds support for the Mazzanti Evantra, coming to PlayStation?Store as a free download later in December.
* Adds support for the Redline Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation?Store as a premium download later in December. This Expansion Pack includes the Redline Car Pack and Redline Tour Pack.
* The Redline Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive, McLaren F1 LM, Renault Alpine A110-50, Ferrari 458 Speciale, and Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
* The Redline Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
* Adds support for the Elements Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation?Store as a premium download later in December.
* The Elements Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/12/08/driveclub-weather-patch-now-live-includes-improvements-and-new-tracks/

Easily the best looking racing game on the PS4 so far :| If they can do this at 60FPS it would be magical. Although the games sense of speed is already scary.

BU6PdvT.jpg

They forgot to patch in umbrellas with the weather though. Next update please lol.

Checked out the weather patch last night. Once I was done I finally purchased the Season Pass. This game officially has my full support.

This is my personal favorite racer of the year thus far. The fact I can get in an event within 20-30 seconds of launching the game really greatly benefits my limited schedule tremendously.

I also prefer the all racing nothing but racing approach as I just do not have spare time to dedicate to driving along the countryside finding billboards and barns inbetween races.

I will no doubt admit if I was younger and I had the type of time I once had to dedicate to playing games perhaps things would be different, but for MY preference and MY limited time to play games, Driveclub is easily my favorite racing game of the year thanks to the fact it is so focused.

The fact it also has the nicest damn visuals of any current generation game thus far is just an added bonus. The weather effects really is bonkers how amazing it looks. Rain combined with a lightning and thunder storm at night is just bananas. Absolutely bananas.

I truly do believe it is one of the best examples I can recall in gaming history where the launch of the game truly is a shame. It really sincerely is a shame. So many people have dismissed this game, and do not get me wrong, they had every reason to do so with the way things turned out, but it really is a damn shame that this happened. As it is now going to be overlooked by a decent amount of people and automatically dismissed when being discussed. The true tragedy is most of the people who are so critical of it never even tried it out. They just point to all the problems it had as a reason not to play it, and again they perhaps are justified in doing so, but the game is being slammed by people who have no real right to slam it other than the fact they can cite the problems it had at launch. The actual gameplay and visuals are not even being discussed. It really is very unfortunate.

Oh well. I am glad I stuck with it and also gave them a chance to fix everything accordingly. I picked up the Season Pass as Driveclub is the game I can keep revisiting over the next two years and always have fun doing so. In fact I will go as far as saying it is easily the best $74.99 I have spent on a game this year (including the Season Pass). Easily.

Also attempted some of the tracks in Norway last night with heavy precipitation and had to give up. Was just a wall of snow. Couldn't see the road let alone the corners. T'is a very sexy game though!

Easily the best looking racing game on the PS4 so far :| If they can do this at 60FPS it would be magical. Although the games sense of speed is already scary.

BU6PdvT.jpg

They forgot to patch in umbrellas with the weather though. Next update please lol.

And windscreen wipers!

BU6PdvT.jpg

Anyone knows which is the red car in the middle on the left lane? The one with the V-shaped taillights.

Checked out the weather patch last night. Once I was done I finally purchased the Season Pass. This game officially has my full support.

This is my personal favorite racer of the year thus far. The fact I can get in an event within 20-30 seconds of launching the game really greatly benefits my limited schedule tremendously.

I also prefer the all racing nothing but racing approach as I just do not have spare time to dedicate to driving along the countryside finding billboards and barns inbetween races.

I will no doubt admit if I was younger and I had the type of time I once had to dedicate to playing games perhaps things would be different, but for MY preference and MY limited time to play games, Driveclub is easily my favorite racing game of the year thanks to the fact it is so focused.

The fact it also has the nicest damn visuals of any current generation game thus far is just an added bonus. The weather effects really is bonkers how amazing it looks. Rain combined with a lightning and thunder storm at night is just bananas. Absolutely bananas.

I truly do believe it is one of the best examples I can recall in gaming history where the launch of the game truly is a shame. It really sincerely is a shame. So many people have dismissed this game, and do not get me wrong, they had every reason to do so with the way things turned out, but it really is a damn shame that this happened. As it is now going to be overlooked by a decent amount of people and automatically dismissed when being discussed. The true tragedy is most of the people who are so critical of it never even tried it out. They just point to all the problems it had as a reason not to play it, and again they perhaps are justified in doing so, but the game is being slammed by people who have no real right to slam it other than the fact they can cite the problems it had at launch. The actual gameplay and visuals are not even being discussed. It really is very unfortunate.

Oh well. I am glad I stuck with it and also gave them a chance to fix everything accordingly. I picked up the Season Pass as Driveclub is the game I can keep revisiting over the next two years and always have fun doing so. In fact I will go as far as saying it is easily the best $74.99 I have spent on a game this year (including the Season Pass). Easily.

The PS+ version needs to be out in January to change that.

Anyone knows which is the red car in the middle on the left lane? The one with the V-shaped taillights.

;

Thats the W Motors Lykan Hypersport.

It's a pretty epic car. The details that Evo have included into all the cars is crazy. With the Lykan I've noticed if you are in the drivers seat view, if a car is on the left or right hand side of the Lykan about to over-take you, indicator light's will come on to let you know a car is beside you on the left hand or right hand side.

Its the small details that really add to this game.

Definately my favourite game of the year for the PS4.

Just got this game. Searched for a Neowin club but couldn't find one. From what I can gather from this topic there was one briefly but only a few people were in it? That's a shame.

Just got this game. Searched for a Neowin club but couldn't find one. From what I can gather from this topic there was one briefly but only a few people were in it? That's a shame.

Yeah AB joined the club I joined from NeoGAF. I think we may have an empty slot but I am not a 100% sure until I get home, which is a long time from now, just got to work. 

Thanks for the offer Larry but it would seem a bit weird to me to join a group related to a site I'm not a member of. I've created a new Neowin club so I'm going to sit in there on my own for a while and hope someone reads this and joins me eventually :p. Wish they didn't lock cars away in clubs, or at least let you have an active club of one so it wouldn't matter, but meh I guess.

• Like 1