#DRIVECLUB game update 1.09 is now live (Approx 200mb). Featuring stability improvements, audio updates & leaderboard fixes.

and for the future

@DPT1969 @Demon244 We're working on some AI changes for a future update and we're also working on private games too.

Sadly, the weather did nothing for this game. It still hasn't resolved all the online issues, the broken challenges, the horrid physics, the psychotic AI, absurdly small clubs, lack of proper replays and lackluster career.

Here is to DriveClub 2 fixing all those issues.

Working fine for me and my club buddies. Everything working, physics are that of a racer that sits between arcade and sim, the AI is being worked on to make them less aggressive (not that I think they are, it makes superb races), replays are coming, career was always going to be lacklustre in a driving game all about the social side of things, and thats why the (now working) challenges are awesome.

Seems you wanted this game to be more than it ever was promised to be.

As for the weather not adding anything to the game... mmmkay. It adds a whole new level of difficulty with a steep learning curve to boot. It's adds lots.

My wife picked me up the WheelStand Pro V2 for my Thrustmaster T80.

It is amazing.

post-34384-0-71778300-1419531519.jpg

Everything is adjustable. Angles. Height. Etc.

It folds into a very compact design.

Even my father, who is in his late 60's, got in on the action. In 40 years of me being a video game player my father has NEVER shown an interest in playing any of my games. Never. He played Driveclub last night for 45 minutes!!!

post-34384-0-28947300-1419531518.jpg

Having a wheel for a game like Driveclub really does make it such a better experience. I strongly recommend if you are into playing racing games, to pick a wheel up.

Especially with Project Cars coming out, I am very, very close to picking up the Thrustmaster VG T300RS. I am just waiting on the WheelStand Pro company to get back to me to confirm the stand I own will also work with it. Main reason I am considering picking it up is I got enough gift cards for XMas to cover most of the cost of it. I do just have a really, really big issue with paying for a wheel that cost more than the console does itself. :s  :pinch: 

As such since I do already have a wheel for now, I am going to wait awhile to see if the T300RS somehow drops in price over the next couple of weeks/months. If it does drop in price I will no doubt pick it up. I already think the T80 is a damn good wheel. I can only imagine how good it is with the T300RS

• Like 3

Why is this game mostly European car centric? I don't get it. Absolutely no imports at all on the car list. I'd want to get this game, but I cannot help the fact that there are no Japanese imports. 

Working fine for me and my club buddies. Everything working, physics are that of a racer that sits between arcade and sim, the AI is being worked on to make them less aggressive (not that I think they are, it makes superb races), replays are coming, career was always going to be lacklustre in a driving game all about the social side of things, and thats why the (now working) challenges are awesome.

Seems you wanted this game to be more than it ever was promised to be.

As for the weather not adding anything to the game... mmmkay. It adds a whole new level of difficulty with a steep learning curve to boot. It's adds lots.

Ah no. Everything is NOT working, that is a FACT. Even Sony and Evolution have stated such. The physics are not even remotely close to sim (and it shouldn't be, as it is an arcadey racer), but they are still horrid. The AI has been "getting worked on" for years now, and is still shot. Stuff is always "coming", but should have been released that way. The game is a BETA through and through. DriveClub 2 will fix all that, and I will be there to buy that game day one as well.

The game was promised to be great, and we are still waiting for that.

It adds some physic changes to affect the difficulty, but it doesn't fix the rest of the game.

Ah no. Everything is NOT working, that is a FACT. Even Sony and Evolution have stated such. The physics are not even remotely close to sim (and it shouldn't be, as it is an arcadey racer), but they are still horrid. The AI has been "getting worked on" for years now, and is still shot. Stuff is always "coming", but should have been released that way. The game is a BETA through and through. DriveClub 2 will fix all that, and I will be there to buy that game day one as well.

The game was promised to be great, and we are still waiting for that.

It adds some physic changes to affect the difficulty, but it doesn't fix the rest of the game.

That seems to be the mentality of PS fans. I thought it was "for the gamers"? They're like Apple fans. If it isn't right in this version, we'll wait for the next and hope it's better, so on and so forth. Gran Turismo is the same. 26 patches later and GT5 was still horrendous. Haven't played GT6 because I prefer Forza, they get it right first time at Turn 10.

How do you feel Kvally as an Xbox gamer too? I just get fed up of Sony's broken promises. DriveClub looked great in previews, sadly the end product wasn't great. They had to add in stuff that should have been in on release. Imagine if Forza released, except without the cars in it  :woot: 

My wife picked me up the WheelStand Pro V2 for my Thrustmaster T80.

It is amazing.

Everything is adjustable. Angles. Height. Etc.

It folds into a very compact design.

Even my father, who is in his late 60's, got in on the action. In 40 years of me being a video game player my father has NEVER shown an interest in playing any of my games. Never. He played Driveclub last night for 45 minutes!!!

Having a wheel for a game like Driveclub really does make it such a better experience. I strongly recommend if you are into playing racing games, to pick a wheel up.

Especially with Project Cars coming out, I am very, very close to picking up the Thrustmaster VG T300RS. I am just waiting on the WheelStand Pro company to get back to me to confirm the stand I own will also work with it. Main reason I am considering picking it up is I got enough gift cards for XMas to cover most of the cost of it. I do just have a really, really big issue with paying for a wheel that cost more than the console does itself. :s  :pinch: 

As such since I do already have a wheel for now, I am going to wait awhile to see if the T300RS somehow drops in price over the next couple of weeks/months. If it does drop in price I will no doubt pick it up. I already think the T80 is a damn good wheel. I can only imagine how good it is with the T300RS

Bought myself the T300RS and a Playseat Evolution for Christmas. I wouldn't have a racing game any other way. A wheel really is a game changer.

That seems to be the mentality of PS fans. I thought it was "for the gamers"? They're like Apple fans. If it isn't right in this version, we'll wait for the next and hope it's better, so on and so forth. Gran Turismo is the same. 26 patches later and GT5 was still horrendous. Haven't played GT6 because I prefer Forza, they get it right first time at Turn 10.

How do you feel Kvally as an Xbox gamer too? I just get fed up of Sony's broken promises. DriveClub looked great in previews, sadly the end product wasn't great. They had to add in stuff that should have been in on release. Imagine if Forza released, except without the cars in it :woot:

Remind when a ps exclusive racer launched with no cars in it? Stupid comment.

If I recall, weather was patched into horizon too.

I used the no cars thing as a joke, obviously it went over your head. Horizon 2 had the weather in it from Day 1 as far as I recall, and I was a Day 1 player. GT5 took 5 years to launch before you start with exclusive arguments.

You wouldn't accept a half cooked meal in a restaurant, why are games any different? You're paying for it, so it should be spot on as advertised in the first instance. Do you buy three meals hoping the last is the best?

• Like 2

I enjoy DC and have done even when the online didn't work so your argument is wasted on me fella, sorry.

It's not right that a game should release that way, I'm not saying otherwise but it's the only game in Ps that has had this type of fault exclusive to it.

Weather was day one with Horizon. But the VIP pass was patched, as that didn't work.

Thought they patched in storms? Maybe I read it wrong.

They added DLC called storm island which added storms. They already had weather. The storms are for storm island only though.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this is one of the games that has got me finally interested in these latest consoles. Does this game have single player at all? I'm not interesting in online gaming. Also it runs @60fps? Haven't seen any info about that. Cheers :)