Apple is hiding an embarrassing iPhone 6 camera bulge

I really don't understand why people stuff they're phones in big ugly cases...

oh no my daily use phone got a scratch because I actually used it, so instead of showing a nice phone with some tiny scratches I'll stuff it in this big ugly case....

• Like 2

oh no my daily use phone got a scratch because I actually used it, so instead of showing a nice phone with some tiny scratches I'll stuff it in this big ugly case....

So sorry for wanting to keep care of my devices and make them have a higher resell value. Maybe I'll just drop it a couple of times too, would that make you happy?

Seriously, everyone needs to have a case on their phone unless they want this to happen to them;

cracked-iphone-5.jpg

• Like 3

I have a very thin case that is really just a skin. If i hadn't had it on there the phone would probably be destroyed.

Doesn't make it much thicker.

Also my skin/case actually makes my iphone easier to hold.

Suppose if you never leave the couch or computer desk, the phone will be fine as is.

I don't think raw performance applies to iOS vs. android, as apple has so many in OS optimizations.

Huh? The first part of my original reply was sarcastic...not sure where Android came into play here.

So sorry for wanting to keep care of my devices and make them have a higher resell value. Maybe I'll just drop it a couple of times too, would that make you happy?

Seriously, everyone needs to have a case on their phone unless they want this to happen to them;

cracked-iphone-5.jpg

It would be nice to have devices that you don't need cases for. So much effort goes into their engineering, design and manufacture and it is a bit of a shame that to keep these devices in tip-top condition, we need to wrap them in cases. 

• Like 1

Apple does and why it is missing from a lot of images.  I dont mind a minor bump, never had.  But the question is, why remove it from the pics?

I don't think Apple's removing it on purpose because they're embarrassed about it. The camera lens is on the other side of the phone. When you look at the phone straight on from the side the lens is not on, you won't see it since it's so small. It's simple optics. Try this out. Take your pinky and stick it a little above your phone, about the height of the lens on the iPhone 6, and look at your phone straight on from the other side. You shouldn't see the tip of your pinky, and Bill Nye will be proud.

cracked-iphone-5.jpg

I've never had a case on any of my iPhones and that has never happened to me. The worst I ever got were some minor hairline scratches on the 3G.

cracked-iphone-5.jpg

Sorry not having a case doesn't make that happen to the phone, and having a cased doesn't prevent it, in some cases it might but it often doesn't.  most screen cracks like that come from falls where the half a centimetre of silicon won't do any good. and then most people today use hard cases so the protection for falls is zero. 

I don't think Apple's removing it on purpose because they're embarrassed about it. The camera lens is on the other side of the phone. When you look at the phone straight on from the side the lens is not on, you won't see it since it's so small. It's simple optics. Try this out. Take your pinky and stick it a little above your phone, about the height of the lens on the iPhone 6, and look at your phone straight on from the other side. You shouldn't see the tip of your pinky, and Bill Nye will be proud.

Except of course, these are orthographic renders, so.... 

and besides, if I stick my pinky the same distance up on the other side of my phone, I can actually see it, while also seeing the surface of the screen on the undderside to keep it paralell. either way the lens isn't on the other side of the phone either, it fact it's closer to the edge you're taking the picture from, which would make it more visible because of perspective. 

cracked-iphone-5.jpg

Never had a case on my phone sine my first smart phone...the G1.   Never had my screen shatter like that.  I take care of my things.

Sapphire lens are not good from photography standpoint, because sapphire are colored.

I'm sure Apple thought about that...

Because they use a cheaply built device that the wind can break?

Suppose if you never leave the couch or computer desk, the phone will be fine as is.

Or you know, get a device that doesn't break the moment you fart on it.

Yea, minor complaint but why Photoshop/edit it out of the photos?  I doubt the bulge would steer many, if anyone, away from the product.

This is the same company that photoshopped the Galaxy S II to look like the same dimensions as an iPhone and then tried to use it in court.  There should be no surprise here.

Alle the apple fans said it would be before launch, and that it would be the greatest phone screen of all time and unbreakable. 

Now they're very quiet or saying no it was and this glass is just as good, and being first in line and dropping and breaking their phone right away...