Lifemate P4

On 21/06/2015 at 11:51, Jan said:

I like the the rightmost one best since it's kind of an hybrid of all the ideas you used for the app. The round iOS edges and the flat windows 10 colors. About the Lifemate logo... I'm not sure if with or without.

I like the the rightmost one best since it's kind of an hybrid of all the ideas you used for the app. The round iOS edges and the flat windows 10 colors. About the Lifemate logo... I'm not sure if with or without.

I also vote for the rightmost one.

Same as above replies, I think the rightmost icon blend better than the other ones with the colors/shadings style used on the Windows 10 icons.

• 2 weeks later...

post-309968-0-81527100-1436121573.png

Welcome to Lifemate P3.

There's an absolute ton of new features and improvements, so i'll get right to 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTJWQ11_hOY

Multitasking (Early)

UwNjuda.png

What's better than one note? Two. Or Three. Or Four. It's really up to you.

Dynamic Sidebar

OyiKFVF.pngb58oZvJ.png

Your sidebar will dynamically adjust according to the time of the day, creating a personal and colourful addition to your notes.

Font and Size Options

Something simple this time, set the font and font size

Hamburger!

am4SHVz.png

When Lifemate is resized to a size which isn't large enough to accommodate both the sidebar and note, it'll shift the sidebar into a hamburger menu giving more space for your note.

Reading Time

eDN2miF.png

Lifemate will give you an estimate of how long it'll take for you to read your note.

Some little bits...

New subtle animations to make using Lifemate funner

A ton of bug fixes

Memory improvements

No more journals, only tags

New Note Info Overview Page

---

An absolute ton of work has been put into this release and it'll hopefully be available by the end of July to mid August.

Thanks,

Jan.

Feel free to post any feedback or comments below.

• Like 4

A few new features to share now:

Redesigned Tags Window

http://gfycat.com/WatchfulTenderDoe

The tags window has been redesigned with a larger focus on the main three views: All Notes, Hearted and Deleted. You can also search which makes finding your tags even easier.

Hover over a tag to edit it.

Tag suggestions

http://gfycat.com/HealthyEagerArizonaalligatorlizard

When making a new tag you'll be given suggestions from your pre-made tags. You can also Heart a note just by typing heart into the tag textbox.

Smart Select and Smart Paste

http://gfycat.com/FastForthrightAdeliepenguin

Select some text and you'll get a popup window allowing you to cut it, copy, make a new note from it or post it to Twitter.

Once you've copied some text click anywhere on the note and a paste button will appear, making it easier to paste text.

• Like 2

post-309968-0-65034000-1437309931.png

The first release of Lifemate Preview 3 is out now :)

post-309968-0-60921000-1437310083.png

This is a very early release so it's obviously missing some features, such as Versions and Attachments. Expect some bugs and rough features too, although with feedback that should improve quickly with a weekly release cycle.

You can download it here :)

You may get a security popup but it's just Windows being over-cautious, don't worry about it!

• Like 2

Is this a native windows 10 app?

Even if it isn't it looks great. Any sort of cloud sync options?

Just a WPF app styled to look like a Windows 10 app :) 

No cloud syncing yet except for saving your notes manually to OneDrive or Dropbox, although it's certainly on my list of things to add once I learn about the online side of things :)

OK thoughts (and it's great and I dunno if these issues are already known):

Popup menus need to close automatically

Slightly faster menus

Text over left hand menu, when nothings there, there's two strings of text over each other "you don't appear to have any notes :(" and "Your note will appear once you've made one :)"

• 2 weeks later...

Great work on the UI! It's pretty, quick and smooth. I have only 1 remark after briefly playing with it: menu's don't close when you mouse-click  anywhere else in the UI.

• 4 weeks later...

A few new things coming soon:

Settings.thumb.png.b4159bb5292746531a2b0

New Settings and About windows so there's less clutter in the note taking portion of the app

More themes

And lastly the ability to create and share your own themes

-

Blur.thumb.png.7f8a51d7e3b5333223f1077c6

I was wondering whether to replace the sidebar backgrounds with an aero-like blur, it'd have to be one or the other as supporting both would be a PITA.

Thanks,

Jan

Looking gorgeous! I'm all for the Aero like blur. But what about Windows versions lower than 10? That would mean transparency without blur, or do you have another magic trick? :)

Looking gorgeous! I'm all for the Aero like blur. But what about Windows versions lower than 10? That would mean transparency without blur, or do you have another magic trick? :)

For users below Windows 10 it'll probably just be a solid background, i'm hoping on the majority of users upgrading to Windows 10 so I can take advantage of the new UI options (just like Scalemate 2).

New UI in place now:

Blur_2.thumb.png.e26ee0344edfa9ef3aeab02

(click for precise pixely goodness :) )

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

RxYLTvB.png

k6s4izG.png

Changelog

BIG Memory and Performance improvements
Note Peak

NjklS8H.gif

New Settings and About Windows
More themes + Custom Themes, easily make your own themes by changing an XML file
Enhanced for Windows 10 with blurry sidebar and accent colour
Design tweaks
New Search bar
Persistent Tags Menu
'Separate Note Windows' feature moved to Beta
Delete Note now works
Separate options for font/title size, now in slider form

Download P4 Here

Please post all feedback and suggestions in this thread, the app will receive regular updates which you can download directly from the app.

I'm not sure if it is related to my install, but it complains that a file is missing (see attached screenshot)

It happens just after launching LifeMate and also when Clicking the Settings menu.

It looks great as always! Good job.

Small suggestion: searching the content of the note would also be handy.

I'm not sure if it is related to my install, but it complains that a file is missing:

It happens just after launching LifeMate and also when Clicking the Settings menu.

It looks great as always! Good job.

Is the file "Light.xml"?  Got it, the image just loaded :)

If so open Lifemate a couple of times to force it to check for an update and install it, I just pushed it out to fix that issue so hopefully it's solved now :)

Thanks,

Jan

Is the file "Light.xml"? 

If so open Lifemate a couple of times to force it to check for an update and install it :) I just pushed it out to fix that issue so hopefully it's solved now :)

Thanks,

Jan

Yes indeed. I had to edit my post several times to get it to show the screenshot :) It is finally displaying now :)

Yes indeed. I had to edit my post several times to get it to show the screenshot :) It is finally displaying now :)

Has the update fixed it or is it still an issue?

Has the update fixed it or is it still an issue?

The Light.xml issue is fixed. But I have another one now (see screenshot).

So I thought: let's add themes. But when I go to "Appearance > Theme > Add Theme" it crashes.

Untitled.png

The Light.xml issue is fixed. But I have another one now (see screenshot).

So I thought: let's add themes. But when I go to "Appearance > Theme > Add Theme" it crashes.

Untitled.png

I've just published another update, make sure to reopen Lifemate a couple of times to trigger it. Once it's installed head to Settings again and click Theme > then pick any, do the same for the Daytime and Nighttime options.