New aquarium setup (freshwater)

well I moved from florida to Tennessee and I brought my fish tanks and fish along for the ride had the fish in 5 gallon buckets in the back seat of my truck with an airpump running through the power inverter powering a couple of sponge filters

my guppys except like 2 are gone I put them in the 75gallon with my bichir and he ate them all

found a really awsome fish store not to far away that buy and trade all kinds of things had some decent tanks for resonable prices

new one in the front

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

I would love a saltwater tank with some coral. That would be awesome, but that is some work to get it setup.

I have a 20 gallon freshwater and a 10 gallon freshwater.The 20 gallon has about 15 different types of shrimp, 5 nerite snails, neon tetras, octo catfish, and a guppy. There are about 300+ shrimp now. Started off with about 12 ghost shrimp, couple orange mandarin, an a few red cherry. Added some Blue Rili shrimp a few months back. Very cool setup! :D

The 10 has 3 African dwarf frogs. They have such terrible vision and try to bite each other when they smell food! lol

My turtle eats the ghost shrimp.  We thought she might not be able to see them well but they don't last very long.  We have neon tetra in there now.  They are so fast she can't really catch them unless they get sick or are dying.

Looks like a nice rig - good luck with it (Y)

I used to have both fresh and salt water but time & family took their toll and I didn't have time to keep them. Gave them to a friend.

My terrarium is all that's left, and it only has an almost 13" Goliath Bird Eater tarantula named Goldie. Nothing else lasts long in there.

Our randson has a Chilean Red Leg tarantula he's learning with, but eventually he wants a bird eater too.

Used to have a nice 55 breeder tank with plants and some fish, but that was years ago 

Don't have the time needed to invest in a proper fish tank, have access to a 10gal tank setup as a terrarium I may decide to use someday soon, have to see what types o frogs are available locally to purchase 

I have a huge tank in the house, its a bit dirty just now though due to a filter packing in, i will post some pics later

Guppies are live bearers and will eat their own young :)

Guppy fry make excellent food for the other fish and breed so fast that you almost can't run out of them, even with only half a dozen pair!!

Haven't had any aquariums in years, but love them, when they are kept clean. Never tried a salt water one as I KNOW what kind of work that is and fresh water one's are enough.

Setup is looking and sounding like it's going great but don't get over exuberant from the get go and get into more than you can handle as that might make you lose interest, like it did me when I first tried having an aquarium.

Good luck!! :)

• 1 year later...

Im also a freshwater fishkeeper, all s american rio basin biotopes here, apistogramna dwarf cichlids, breeding angels and pim pictus catfishes are my main fare and 3 heavily planted tanks, ill get some pics up tomms. 

Any scots fishkeepers may have seen some of my corydorus breeding projects if they have ever been to deep sea world in n queensferry, i breed endangered cory genus and have donated a lot for their freshwater displays. Mostly sterbais and adolfies :) im usually overrun with cory young, i also sell to my LFS 

• 1 year later...

Recently I set up a 5-gallon fish tank which is bought after reviews from a website. It is a small aquarium because my space is short. I set a canister filter with this tank, an automatic fish feeder, LED lighting for decorating my tank. I kept each of one goldfish,  male betta, neon tetras, snails, live plants.

On 1/28/2015 at 9:09 AM, cork1958 said:

Guppy fry make excellent food for the other fish and breed so fast that you almost can't run out of them, even with only half a dozen pair!!

yep, they called Millions fish for that reason, but to note, it is illegal to use live fry or fish deemed as pets in the UK as feeder fish.

3 hours ago, Juan Fox said:

Recently I set up a 5-gallon fish tank which is bought after reviews from a website. It is a small aquarium because my space is short. I set a canister filter with this tank, an automatic fish feeder, LED lighting for decorating my tank. I kept each of one goldfish,  male betta, neon tetras, snails, live plants.

I would advise rehoming the goldfish, a 5G tank is way too small for any domestic goldfish, also the neons and bettas are not coldwater/temperate fish, both enjoy 26C as a temperature.