Win 8 RTM Core OEM:DM HELP!

yes

Thanks.

Technically there is no OEM image unless this is something highly customized by an OEM. Most OEM disk are just identical to retail disk. Its the product key that determines what license you get. So the media from an OEM could take a retail key and vice versa. From a licensing perspective you only supposed to use OEM media with an OEM key but I wont tell if you wont tell. :) The whole OEM vs Retail thing just as another layer of confusion that does not need to be there, when the install.wim files are identical unless the OEM modifies it some how. In most cases they don't or the modification is very minor at best. Its been this way since Windows Vista.

Thanks, I shall try this tonight, I'll use the links posted and grab 8.0 and 8.1 and see which is easier to install. 

8 will pull the key for your version

if it shipped with windows 8 you need to use an 8 disc

if it was 8.1 you need to use an 8.1 disc

for whatever reason 8.1 key will not work using an 8 disc and vice versa, i just went through this after replacing a friends

you can use a retail ISO, and it will auto pull the key for you. There are programs to pull this key from bios but you still need to use the correct version ie 8 or 8.1

you can use a retail ISO, and it will auto pull the key for you. There are programs to pull this key from bios but you still need to use the correct version ie 8 or 8.1

Actually, that's not true,  a retail ISO does not, I've attempted it many times.  I enter my key in, and it says "Cannot be used for retail".   Atleast for me. 

you are using the wrong key then. You dont need to enter a key if it is embedded into the uefi setup will skip that part and inject it on its own; believe me that is the case you can use a retail ISO i just did this two days ago

your error is because you are using the wrong version, i had that happen to. you have to use an 8 disc if your computer shipped with 8 if it shipped with 8.1 you need to use an 8.1 disc otherwise it says key is not valid

OP if you still cant get it to work with the torrent file (i dont ever trust those) i have access to untouched ISOs from micrsoft still i can privately share with you

you are using the wrong key then. You dont need to enter a key if it is embedded into the uefi setup will skip that part and inject it on its own; believe me that is the case you can use a retail ISO i just did this two days ago

your error is because you are using the wrong version, i had that happen to. you have to use an 8 disc if your computer shipped with 8 if it shipped with 8.1 you need to use an 8.1 disc otherwise it says key is not valid

OP if you still cant get it to work with the torrent file (i dont ever trust those) i have access to untouched ISOs from micrsoft still i can privately share with you

I'll give this a try tonight...Would you mind sharing one of the ones directly from microsoft? for 8 core

• 3 years later...

Hello @k4sdima please do not bump such old threads (2014). I'm sure OP has found assistance by now. If you have a similar issue please feel free to open your own thread and even reference back to this one if you'd like.

thread locked

• Brandon H locked this topic