Suggest a 50" inch LED TV for under/around

Alex_is_Axel

Hey guys,

I could really do with your help. I am looing to buy a new TV however my budget is really tight. I am in the hunt for a 50inch LED TV with smart features at the price range of under or around ?400. I know this is a low fund which is why im searching for the best bang to buck for the best possible TV that i could afford within the budget. I have had a Hanspree tv previously and it has served me well however it has become abit dated over the years.

I have spotted one on eBuyer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/611946-digihome-50-full-hd-smart-eled-freeview-hd-tv-lcf501080snbsm

Any thoughts on this tv? Is there anything out there that is a better TV?

Is there a difference between an eLED and a normal LED?

Any help you can provide i would really appreciate.

Thank you for your help and time

T3X4S

Better look for a used Samsung, because if you only have a tiny amount of money - you are either gonna get some crap brand like the one in your link, which will crap out on you then you need to replace it or you need to really think if a 50" LED is what you really need.

So better look for a 1 or 2 year old Samsung - only way you will end up with something worth anything

• Like 1
+E.Worm Jimmy

i don't know the prices in UK, but in north america 400 squid should allow you do buy entry-to-medium level 50" tv from LG or Samsung.

which are the only 2 manufacturers i can recommend.     as above, the best option, is to buy a used one.  :)     1-2 year old model will still have smart tv options (as it will be a higher end model)

look around.

T3X4S

i don't know the prices in UK, but in north america 400 squid should allow you do buy entry-to-medium level 50" tv from LG or Samsung.

which are the only 2 manufacturers i can recommend.     as above, the best option, is to buy a used one.  :)     1-2 year old model will still have smart tv options (as it will be a higher end model)

look around.

You can pay for things with fish ?!?!  Cool !   :D (I know its not a fish)

• Like 1
+E.Worm Jimmy

You can pay for things with fish ?!?!  Cool !   :D (I know its not a fish)

Quid (singular and plural) is used for pound sterling or ?, in British slang. It is thought to derive from the Latin phrase "quid pro quo".[4]

Squid is a another variation of that,  that people used, and that I always liked, for calling British money. When I lived in Britain, a lot of my friends used this term.

I guess it sounds pretty unusual to people not familiar with the term "quid".

• Like 1
Alex_is_Axel

Hey guys thanks for your information. The reason why I haven't been worried about less branded TVs is because of my past experience with them being pretty alright. Understandably they are not going to be as good as the high ends but my concern is the brightness levels.

On the one on the one with ebuyer it says the brightness level is 300. What does this mean? What the is the average number brightness level?

Also the same with the Contrast Ratio 1200:1 ~ 3000:1. What am I looking for here?

Thanks metallithrax, for the link to the hitatchi. I can't find any info on the contrast and brightness though.

As for needing a 50inch according to the space calculator it says I'm recommended between 46-50inch

Many thanks

• 3 months later...
theyarecomingforyou

I know you mentioned smart functionality but for what it's worth you can pick up a 50" 4KTV without smart functionality for

• 1 month later...
+Fahim S.
T3X4S

uhh - this is pretty old - Or did you do the whole resurrection thing because of Easter ?

• Like 1
+Fahim S.

uhh - this is pretty old - Or did you do the whole resurrection thing because of Easter ?

My apologies - I only looked at the most recent post which was about a month and half ago.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      LG introduces new TV lineup with better AI, new gaming features, and more
      by João Carrasqueira

With this year's CES starting today, LG has unveiled its lineup of premium TVs for 2021. The company is introducing new models featuring new OLED evo technology - presumably based on the technology from sister company LG Display -, the new QNED models announced in December, and new additions to the NanoCell family.

OLED evo will be on the new LG G1 series, but there are new OLED models in the C1 and Z1 series, too. The C1 series offers the biggest variety of sizes, starting from a 48-inch model up to an 83-inch panel, which is a new size option for the lineup.

Inside the new TVs, LG is packing the new α9 Gen 4 AI processor, which improves the TVs' performance along with offering better image and sound. The new processor has a feature called AI Picture Pro, which can recognize things like faces and bodies (only on 8K models), as well as distinguish foreground and background objects, processing them individually to make them "more three-dimensional". Similarly, AI Sound Pro is also included, and it brings new features such as virtual 5.1.2 surround sound and Auto Volume Leveling, which keeps sound levels consistent as users switch between different input sources on the TV. This processor is inside all the new OLED models, as well as the QNED99 and QNED95 models and the NanoCell NANO99 and NANO95 models.

The new models also come with some gaming features, like Game Optimizer, which can be used to manage capabilities such as G-Sync, FreeSync, and Variable Refresh Rate. It can also automatically adjust picture settings depending on the type of game being played. OLED models also feature a 1 millisecond response time, low input lag, and four HDMI 2.1 ports to enable all the features of the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft. In fact, HDMI 2.1 support is being added to more of LG's TVs this year, including eARC and automatic low latency mode.

LG is also launching new soundbars to go along with its new TV models, which are specifically designed to be paired with the new OLED models. There's also a new Gallery Stand mount that lets TVs be mounted anywhere for additional interior planning options.

• By News Staff
      SMART Goals Quick Reference Guide - Free Download
      by Steven Parker

Request your guide for free today, before this time-limited offer expires.

What's it about?

Setting goals involves creating a plan to motivate and guide individuals to the desired end result.

The SMART methodology is a goal-setting tool used make aspirations more achievable. The acronym stands for:

Specific Measurable Actionable Realistic Time-bound How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> SMART Goals Quick Reference Guide - Free Download <<
      Offered by CustomGuide, view other free resources. Limited time offer

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Check out the Neowin Store for our preferred partners.

The Win Your Dream 2020 Tesla Model 3 Giveaway Ivacy VPN - 5 year subscription for just $1 per month NordVPN - 2 year subscription at up to 68% off +3 months for free! Private Internet Access VPN - subscriptions at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS - unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Subscribe to Neowin - for $14 a year, or $28 a year for Ad-Free experience Disable Sponsored posts · Neowin Deals · Free eBooks · Neowin Store

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.

• By indospot
      Samsung's upcoming QLED TVs will feature HDR10+ Adaptive support
      by João Carrasqueira

Samsung has been one of the biggest supporters of the HDR10 standard and its iterations with its TVs and phones, being one of the first to add support for new features. Today, the Korean giant announced that its upcoming lineup of QLED TVs, likely to be announced at CES 2021, will support the new HDR10+ Adaptive feature.

HDR10+ is an improvement on HDR10 which allows for dynamic metadata to be used, making it so that things like tone mapping, brightness, and so on can be adjusted on a scene-by-scene basis. However, HDR10+ content is usually best enjoyed in dimly lit environments, which means you won't always get the best experience depending on where you're trying to watch content.

HDR10+ Adaptive means TVs can adapt the HDR10+ content so it can be enjoyed in different lighting conditions. Samsung is also enabling support for Filmmaker mode with HDR10+ Adaptive content, and the first service to support it is Amazon Prime Video, which is often first to support new HDR features on Samsung TVs.

There's no indication that this feature is coming to previous generations of Samsung TVs, so you may have to buy one of the upcoming models if you're interested in it.

• By Copernic
      GnuCash 4.4 [Update]
      by Razvan Serea

GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.

GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.

Between 4.2 and 4.3, the following bugfixes were accomplished:

Bug 106746 - In Mort. Repay. druid, creating New acct should also select it. Bug 128772 - Account Help Button does not work Bug 309943 - When unable to obtain a lock, no option to open another database. Bug 330930 - Financial Calculator resets payment period to zero if automatic decimal places used Bug 343647 - [rfe] save tab/report location Bug 345924 - RFE: don't disable "OK" button after using "Apply" to modify chart options Bug 355496 - Mark placeholder accounts in account tree window visibly. Bug 355498 - When there is only one result from a 'Find', select it. Bug 571697 - Transaction Status in Since Last Run needs to look clickable. Bug 644242 - Window Panning Oddity. Bug 645379 - When duplicating a transaction, any non-numeric value entered in the "Number" field is discarded. Bug 667490 - Support image-based TAN methods QR, photoTAN, and chipTAN optical "Flicker code" Partial: Implements the display of flashing optical TAN challenges (aka flicker) in the "Enter TAN" dialog box. Bug 688917 - Help button not working when editing style sheets. Bug 720564 - Search in General Ledger cannot be cleared. Bug 794807 - Calendar widget current month shown as (null). Bug 797901 - List of Recently Used Files not updated until GnuCash is closed and reopened. Bug 797944 - Crash on use of File-Open Bug 797953 - RFE: provide access to filter-by on right-mouse-click in Accounts register. Bug 797956 - dialog-report-style-sheet.c stylesheet editor does not set transient_for correctly. Bug 797959 - "Exception" when value greater than one million with commas and periods is pasted to register. Bug 797967 - minor ui niggles - some dialogs don't respond to GDK_KEY_Escape Bug 797971 - odd cursor behaviour in register Description. Bug 797972 - Crash on export report CSV Bug 797982 - exchange rates' decimal places (bis) Bug 797983 - v4.2 report numbers change over gnucash restarts; Price Database dropping user:price-editor entries. Bug 797984 - Infinite loop while Check&Repair AR and AP accounts Bug 797989 - Sorting columns by alphabet with non-ASCII characters Bug 797993 - Reverse balance option does not apply to an Account Report Bug 797994 - Account type-ahead search doesn't match accented characters. Bug 798005 - Import of QIF file sets expenses to zero, deposits are fine Bug 798008 - Option '--log' cannot be specified more than once. Bug 798015 - cash flow numerical-overflow Bug 798031 - Date goes to prior year with mm/dd entry to transaction duplicate. Bug 798036 - Transaction Report should offer price source Bug 798038 - Incorrect spelling in german account templates 'common' and 'full' Bug 798039 - Using 'Consolidate Transactions' option on Consolidate Transaction Report returns Error Bug 798041 - Open invoices in new window. Bug 798047 - Crash on delete account. Bug 798050 - error using Reports->Experimental->Income Statement (Multicolumn) For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes

Between 4.3 and 4.4, the following bugfixes were accomplished:

Bug 798038 - Incorrect spelling in german account templates 'common' and 'full' part 2: AT Bug 798063 - Crash when opening SX Editor Download: GnuCash 4.4 | 142.0 MB (Open Source)
      Links: GnuCash Home page | Other Operating Systems

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Nokia announces affordable Nokia C1 Plus for €69
      by Paul Hill

Nokia has announced its lowest cost 4G smartphone, the C1 Plus. For the low €69 cost, users get a 2,500mAh battery, 4G, and a large, crisp HD+ screen. The device is ideal for those on a budget want a modern Android experience, free of bloatware.

The specifications for the new device are as follows:

Operating system: Android 10 (Go edition) RAM: 1GB DDR3 CPU: Quad-Core 1.4GHz SIM card: Dual and Single SIM models available, Nano SIM Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor) Rear camera: 5MP with flash Front camera: 5MP with flash Battery: 2,500 mAh, removable Storage: 16GB, MicroSD card slot supports up to 128GB Display: 5.45” HD+ in-cell, 18:9 Connectors: 3.5mm headphone jack, Micro USB charging Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/AGPS, Wifi 802.11 b/g/n The Nokia C1 Plus comes with a solid polycarbonate body that the Finnish firm says makes the device more durable. To further boost the security and convenience of the device, users can enable face unlock which lets you get past the lock screen just by letting the phone see your face. As the device ships with Android 10 (Go edition), there is more space reserved for your content but you’ll still probably want to be careful as 16GB of storage is not very much.

Commenting on the new product, Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer and Vice President of North America, HMD Global, said:

The device isn’t available to purchase just yet but will go on sale at some point this month and will be available in just two colours; red and blue. Nokia didn’t mention whether it'll provide further OS updates for this device as it does with some of its others but it’s probably a lower priority than their more expensive products.