Suggest a 50" inch LED TV for under/around

Hey guys,

I could really do with your help. I am looing to buy a new TV however my budget is really tight. I am in the hunt for a 50inch LED TV with smart features at the price range of under or around ?400. I know this is a low fund which is why im searching for the best bang to buck for the best possible TV that i could afford within the budget. I have had a Hanspree tv previously and it has served me well however it has become abit dated over the years.

I have spotted one on eBuyer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/611946-digihome-50-full-hd-smart-eled-freeview-hd-tv-lcf501080snbsm

Any thoughts on this tv? Is there anything out there that is a better TV?

Is there a difference between an eLED and a normal LED?

Any help you can provide i would really appreciate.

Thank you for your help and time

Better look for a used Samsung, because if you only have a tiny amount of money - you are either gonna get some crap brand like the one in your link, which will crap out on you then you need to replace it or you need to really think if a 50" LED is what you really need.

So better look for a 1 or 2 year old Samsung - only way you will end up with something worth anything

• Like 1

i don't know the prices in UK, but in north america 400 squid should allow you do buy entry-to-medium level 50" tv from LG or Samsung.

which are the only 2 manufacturers i can recommend.     as above, the best option, is to buy a used one.  :)     1-2 year old model will still have smart tv options (as it will be a higher end model)

look around.

i don't know the prices in UK, but in north america 400 squid should allow you do buy entry-to-medium level 50" tv from LG or Samsung.

which are the only 2 manufacturers i can recommend.     as above, the best option, is to buy a used one.  :)     1-2 year old model will still have smart tv options (as it will be a higher end model)

look around.

You can pay for things with fish ?!?!  Cool !   :D (I know its not a fish)

You can pay for things with fish ?!?!  Cool !   :D (I know its not a fish)

Quid (singular and plural) is used for pound sterling or ?, in British slang. It is thought to derive from the Latin phrase "quid pro quo".[4]

Squid is a another variation of that,  that people used, and that I always liked, for calling British money. When I lived in Britain, a lot of my friends used this term.

I guess it sounds pretty unusual to people not familiar with the term "quid".

Hey guys thanks for your information. The reason why I haven't been worried about less branded TVs is because of my past experience with them being pretty alright. Understandably they are not going to be as good as the high ends but my concern is the brightness levels.

On the one on the one with ebuyer it says the brightness level is 300. What does this mean? What the is the average number brightness level?

Also the same with the Contrast Ratio 1200:1 ~ 3000:1. What am I looking for here?

Thanks metallithrax, for the link to the hitatchi. I can't find any info on the contrast and brightness though.

As for needing a 50inch according to the space calculator it says I'm recommended between 46-50inch

Many thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

uhh - this is pretty old - Or did you do the whole resurrection thing because of Easter ?

• Like 1

uhh - this is pretty old - Or did you do the whole resurrection thing because of Easter ?

My apologies - I only looked at the most recent post which was about a month and half ago.