• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Stedicam for DSLR - Worth It?

Sir Topham Hatt    263

While I appreciate cameras are for photos, if you can pick up a stedicam for the video recording capabilities, is it worth it?

I wouldn't like to use a video recording feature if it's just going to be a shaky mess.

Thanks

Paulvieth    0

While I appreciate cameras are for photos, if you can pick up a stedicam for the video recording capabilities, is it worth it?

I wouldn't like to use a video recording feature if it's just going to be a shaky mess.

Thanks

Yes, steadicam really worth for shooting videos. 

I always shot running videos, wedding and different videos with my Flycam Advanced 5500 camera steadycam system with arm vest, purchased from dvcity.com. It offers shake and blur free videos. The quality of this is really well built. This product is well worth the money for the results being delivered. It surprised me how good it was the first time I used it. Keep in mind what this was designed for. 

I have had the pleasure to work with a ton of different stabilizer systems, and find that this is not only cost effective, but practical and easy to use once you've mastered the art of working with the Flycam. This one is the best for compact cameras that I've found. It's all about the gimbal (the joint around which the unit revolves). 

This product is great for the price and what you're trying to do. I looked at the merlin steadicam set up and its just too expensive! Plus you can place the camera down if you need to when shooting. It will sit up right. Once balanced, this product works really well. Overall, this is a good product, if you can figure out how to use it.

It?s arm/vest literally saved my hand/arm.