My new Quadrotor project arrived

Photo of my current quads and one of my planes. 

post-69433-0-88965500-1432962174.jpg

post-69433-0-09541000-1432962185.jpg

And my Mini after I spent the night going back to a simple Naze32(Flip32) 3DOF flight controller and changed the huge PDB for a smaller one and cleaner up the wiring a bit. 

post-69433-0-59749100-1432962374.jpg

post-69433-0-11352200-1432962383.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just started getting into the Quadcopter hobby, Not going to build anything any time soon, I'm not really a beginner, I mean I flew a heli a little but not mastered it, flew my brothers heli too. Still learning though but know a tad bit to keep it up in the air lol. Right now using a syma x8c as my first quadcopter. Still nervous about going to high with it, made a DIY credit card anti vibration mount and put a runcam hd on it. 

The bigger multirotors and ~250 racer quads are actually significantly more stable and easier to fly than the toy grade quads. they're somewhat cheaper to learn on though, even though the all carbon 250¨s can take almost anything. though I just replaced an arm on mine, and in the process, I killed either a motor or ESC... 

RTF 250's tend to be pretty expensive right now though. the ImmersionRC Vortex I believe is among the cheapest for now, well actually HobbyKing just released a set of new cheap ready to fly models which actually seem pretty good. 

The bigger multirotors and ~250 racer quads are actually significantly more stable and easier to fly than the toy grade quads. they're somewhat cheaper to learn on though, even though the all carbon 250¨s can take almost anything. though I just replaced an arm on mine, and in the process, I killed either a motor or ESC... 

RTF 250's tend to be pretty expensive right now though. the ImmersionRC Vortex I believe is among the cheapest for now, well actually HobbyKing just released a set of new cheap ready to fly models which actually seem pretty good. 

Im going to get the walkera runner 250 when I get my income tax back in February. I don't think its that expensive, checked amazon and it goes for something like $375 plus free shipping. I see hobbyking is selling the same RTF model for 700 dollars overpriced!

Im going to get the walkera runner 250 when I get my income tax back in February. I don't think its that expensive, checked amazon and it goes for something like $375 plus free shipping. I see hobbyking is selling the same RTF model for 700 dollars overpriced!

I think you may be comparing different version os the walkera runner 250, which was the model I meant.

HK sells everythgin from the lowest PNF model (actually I think it ay be BNF without looking it up), which shoudl be the same price as the amazon price you quoted. 

Actually the PNF/BNF version at HK is $148, but you'll probably need a remote so you want the basic RTF model, which is $226 with a walkera dev 7 at HK. They have a slightly higher than base model for $27 as well, the difference is that this one includes a fpv camera and video TX. 

The 700 dollar model is the deluxe model that comes with camera, GPS, OSD and Goggles. The GPS isn't wholly useful for a small model like this, but does provide the OSD with speed and home location arrow ( these flight controllers don't have very good support for GPS features, so don't bet much on RTH or even a good position hold). A pre configured OSD alone is wrth quite a bit. setting up MinimOSD is a ... pain... but the real value comes with the goggles wich are pretty expensive.

Granted. you're probably better of with the basic FPV model and a set of the new Quanum V2 FPV visor anyway.  They only have them in the International warehouse anyway, which "may" mean expensive shipping. Banggood also have them with free shipping though... 

I think you may be comparing different version os the walkera runner 250, which was the model I meant.

HK sells everythgin from the lowest PNF model (actually I think it ay be BNF without looking it up), which shoudl be the same price as the amazon price you quoted. 

Actually the PNF/BNF version at HK is $148, but you'll probably need a remote so you want the basic RTF model, which is $226 with a walkera dev 7 at HK. They have a slightly higher than base model for $27 as well, the difference is that this one includes a fpv camera and video TX. 

The 700 dollar model is the deluxe model that comes with camera, GPS, OSD and Goggles. The GPS isn't wholly useful for a small model like this, but does provide the OSD with speed and home location arrow ( these flight controllers don't have very good support for GPS features, so don't bet much on RTH or even a good position hold). A pre configured OSD alone is wrth quite a bit. setting up MinimOSD is a ... pain... but the real value comes with the goggles wich are pretty expensive.

Granted. you're probably better of with the basic FPV model and a set of the new Quanum V2 FPV visor anyway.  They only have them in the International warehouse anyway, which "may" mean expensive shipping. Banggood also have them with free shipping though... 

Yep I over looped the FPS googles. Free shipping is what I always look for because i'm already shelling out enough money I want at-least free shipping. 

Yep I over looped the FPS googles. Free shipping is what I always look for because i'm already shelling out enough money I want at-least free shipping. 

I never quite understood why HK don't have free basic shipping. they should be able to use the same silly government plan that gives free shipping to companies selling stuff overseas as all(most) other chinese/Hong Kong based retailers. Personally I buy from HK because they have lots of stuff I don't need to hunt down elsewhere and their shipping on small stuff is fairly reasonable and I can get decent priced express shipping, and because I won't buy LiPo batteries from ebay sellers and as little as possible from local overpriced companies. only downside is that untill recently they only shipped them with FedEx and they refuse to write down the price on packages and over price the VAT and custom handling when it passes the VAT value.

Amazon usually have "does not ship to xxxxxxx" on 99% of hobby stuff I want to buy so they're pretty useless to me. 

• 2 weeks later...