Avengers : Infinity War

19 minutes ago, warwagon said:

So sad they aren't breaking this up into 2 movies anymore. Personally, I think if this movie isn't 3 hours long it will feel rushed.

Mostly because we have to spend time just having the Avengers kiss and makeup. If they somehow don't make the movie feel rushed that part probably will be.

When was that announced? Filming began for the third film back in January.

edit:

The name has changed but the third film is still a sequel to the events.

1 hour ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

Doesn't that really just mean that "Part 2" will have a different title, but it's still a direct sequel to "Infinity War"?

Yeah. I thought the way WarWagon was talking in his previous post they were finishing the story in Avengers 3.

Only the title has changed, which was tentative anyway. The story arcs in the MCU are pretty much locked down to their comic counter parts, so not much is going to change besides what happens to who. Which probably has more to do with contracts and who is still part of the cast.

2 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

I dont get it, is it still a two part movie or not?

It's two distinct films, not one long film split into two parts.

If the story is concluded in Avengers 3, it's likely they advance to cover the events of Infinity War / Crusade.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

19984903_1202149659891215_10812903492818

We’ll learn more about Thor and the Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, but the Infinity War trailer opened with the Asgardian being flung against the windshield of the Milano, the ship commanded by Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) from Guardians of the Galaxy. “Get it off!” shouts Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), as though a particularly ugly bug had been smushed there.

Mantis (Pom Klementieff) brings Thor back to life, and he promptly greets out Guardians with an unfriendly, “Who the hell are you?” (To be fair, Star-Lord had just told his fellow Guardians, “This might be dangerous, so let’s put on our mean faces.”) It then seems like Thor joins forces with the Guardians to guide them to Earth, where we see the following things go down, in quick succession:

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) seems to cut a flaming car in half. It looks like her beau Vision (Paul Bethany) might be trapped nearby, and to judge from their faces, something sad and bad is going down.

“Death follows him like a shadow,” we hear, as Josh Brolin’s ultimate villain Thanos is teased.

Suddenly, Tom Hiddleston’s Loki appears, cutting through flaming wreckage to grab the Tesseract, which holds one of the Infinity Stones. Is this what Scarlet Witch and Vision were trying to prevent?

Next, there’s a glimpse of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker on his school bus. The hair on his arms stands up. How’s that for some trouble-activated spider-sense?

“He’s come to us,” someone says, as some alien ships crash land on a wrecked Earth. A worried Mantis stands with Iron Man, Thor, Doctor Strange, the Hulk, and the other heroes as the aircrafts approach.

“This does put a smile on my face,” intones Thanos, as Gamora (Zoe Saldana) takes in the wreckage of the room kept by the Collector (Benicio del Toro). More Infinity Stones pillaged.

And that’s when Thanos walks through a portal onto Earth — big and hulking and boasting a ######-eating grin. Star-Lord and Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) leap into action, harnessing magic and airborne stepping stones. Even Spider-Man swings into action, wearing a cool new suit … perhaps the one teased at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Briefly, we see Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), who’s blond now, and Captain America, who’s bearded. Listen, I know the fate of the universe is at stake, but don’t we all feel a little refreshed after spending valuable time on an undercover makeover? Talk to Wonder Woman about that, she knows what’s up.

In the final moments, things get truly heightened. Thanos grabs Thor’s head in his meaty paw and regards it like a grape he’s about to smush. Maybe he saw that scary black-and-white episode of Twin Peaks and wants to practice storming radio stations and breaking open heads?

“You can run from it,” growls Thanos, “but your destiny still arrives.” And then he holds up one hand and seemingly destroys a planet far away in the sky — or, if this scene is taking place on Earth, our freaking moon — and heaves the remains of it at our Avengers in a single shot.

Jesus christ he hurls a moon at the Avengers!

On 13/03/2017 at 2:39 PM, Andrew said:

It's two distinct films, not one long film split into two parts.

If the story is concluded in Avengers 3, it's likely they advance to cover the events of Infinity War / Crusade.

Thank god, I hate it when a movie is split into 2 parts just so they can charge customers twice to see the outcome.

• 4 months later...

Marvels, CG looks sooooo much better than DC, maybe it's the director. But Zach's CG always looks like really bad green screen CG.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:39 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

Thank god, I hate it when a movie is split into 2 parts just so they can charge customers twice to see the outcome.

I also don't want the now 1 movie to feel rushed because they have to fit 2 movies worth of stuff into 1.

18 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Given how many characters are gonna be in the movies does that mean they all get like 2 minutes of screen time?

Exactly. Now I worry the movie might feel rushed. I hope they at least make it long.

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Exactly. Now I worry the movie might feel rushed. I hope they at least make it long.

Just look at the Justice League mess. Apart from Bruce Wayne, characters got 2-3 dialogues and most of it was truly bad, it hurt. I hope new Avengers movie will avoid that as the second one got pretty close.

21 hours ago, Yogurth said:

Just look at the Justice League mess. Apart from Bruce Wayne, characters got 2-3 dialogues and most of it was truly bad, it hurt. I hope new Avengers movie will avoid that as the second one got pretty close.

either that or be 3 hours long, which CAN go good or bad...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanos doesn't look impressed.

Also, the audio is all over the place in that teaser. Most of the dialogue, what little there is of it is completely drowned it.

• 1 month later...

So is this still two parts or just one now? Also after this I have a feeling that Disney might start a round of soft reboots. As far as the comics go there is no big line wide crossover event after infinity war. 

• 2 weeks later...

Only the core group will end up getting a good chunk of screen time at this point, the fan favs, the lesser characters won't say much and just be there to fill in fights.  Even if the movie is 3 hours that's not enough to cover everyone.

Anyone have any speculation as to why Hawkeye has not been featured in any marketing material thus far?  At least nothing I've seen.  

4 minutes ago, Innervisions33 said:

Anyone have any speculation as to why Hawkeye has not been featured in any marketing material thus far?  At least nothing I've seen.  

He will probably be featured more in Part 2, or they might be hiding a surprise

Spoiler

like him being Ronin and not Hawkeye in Infinity War. There have been some set pictures and he sure looks to be wearing Ronins gear. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronin_(Marvel_Comics)