Saddam Hussein: Really captured?

Did the U.S. really get Saddam?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Did the U.S. really get Saddam?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

I'm leaning towards "no" for the mere fact that saying that we've got him is a huge morale boost for both the Iraqi people (remember, just the other day about half of the new Iraqi army quit) and the U.S. and coalition soldiers over there.

However, there have been videos of him shown, so I'm not sure. It certainly could be a double of him.

I'm leaning towards "no" for the mere fact that saying that we've got him is a huge morale boost for both the Iraqi people (remember, just the other day about half of the new Iraqi army quit) and the U.S. and coalition soldiers over there.

However, there have been videos of him shown, so I'm not sure. It certainly could be a double of him.

Do you watch the news like CNN or MSNBC or even Local News??

Do you watch the news like CNN or MSNBC or even Local News??

Actually, I just woke up 30 minutes ago, so, no, I haven't seen any TV news broadcasts.

I did read the story on CNN.com, though, and it just got me wondering.

:alien: About time they got the murdering SOB. Now we'll get to hear the liberal left hollar that he should be given a trial here in the US instead of in Iraq (They Might confict him) :woot:

for the record, i think yes, he was caught.

however, a lot of you think inside the box.... never outside... anything you see on the news about saddam is govt footage. theres a good chance that it isnt him based on body doubles he had etc... however, i heard on the news that they took dental samples... all im saying is, dont always trust what our govt and the news is telling you. you cant just say "yeah, i saw him on the news, it's def him"

Wondering about how they done conclusive DNA tests after capturing him yesterday and waiting for the results to trigger the mass hysteria?

they've killed his sons and certainly kept DNA pattern samples which make a good comparison for ADN tests

I think the real question is, do they want a sense of closure and accomplishment so much that they would pretend like one of Saddam's look-alikes is actually him?

Edit - Just read some more reports, sounds convincing.

Edited by jkinzer

yeah it was on msnbc..its really him..funny part where the reporter was up and agruing to the guy who made the announcement and other reporters tried to calm him down or something..it'd be nice if someone could tell me what he was saying cuz my sound are off at the moment...