Faulty New PS4 Update Forces Evolve Alpha Delay

Faulty New PS4 Update Forces Evolve Alpha Delay

tghw90ieuyqjumd3wxuo.jpg

The PS4's new update?version 2.00?is really screwing things up, huh? First there was the whole Rest Mode thing, and now we've got news from publisher 2K Games that they're delaying the PS4 version of the upcoming Evolve alpha.

Why? Because the PS4's new update is something of a disaster, and 2K's running into problems getting their upcoming shooter working on PS4 v2.00. Says 2K:

Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4. As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution. Evolve's closed alpha test is still playable on Xbox One and PC.

Meanwhile, if you're into Evolve and want to play the alpha on Xbox One or PC, here's 2K with instructions:

PS4 players who also own an Xbox One or PC can register for Big Alpha on one of those platforms right now using the codes below, and will receive an invite today to start playing.
Registration Code: 05379-29749-32069
Referral Code: EvolveBigAlpha4v1
Registration Instructions:
Step 1: Go to http://www.evolvegame.com/bigalpha
Step 2: Fill out the form completely including the registration code, referral code, and a valid email
Step 3: Check your email for an official invite with your product voucher code
Step 4: Redeem the product voucher code on the platform of your choice to download the game

Here's hoping Sony fixes this stuff soon.

Source: Kotaku

Not sure how an update can break games in development but hopefully doesn't impact anything for a serious amount of time.. 

My guess is it did not break the actual game but the game's use or reliance on the PSN.

This stuff is bonkers.

My guess is it did not break the actual game but the game's use or reliance on the PSN.

This stuff is bonkers.

The issue with 2.0 relates to putting the console into sleep mode :/

I read on GAF the alpha has been a bit of a nightmare so far, even the Evolve website apparently tanked. Have a feeling they are jumping on an opportunity a bit to shift their own problems, especially with the use of the word force as if 2.0 drastically changed network code. It introduced shareplay but that runs in its own sandbox.

Besides DC which has its own issues, no other MP game I've played on PSN since 2.0 has any issues.