• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Bigger Lens Range = Cheaper?

Sir Topham Hatt    265

I've found a couple of websites that are selling a camera with a 18-55mm lens for ?566.

Elsewhere, the same camera is being sold with a 18-140mm lens for ?478.

Am I missing a trick or should I go for the bigger range lens?

Skiver    1,947

Care to post the links to the lens as it might help try to understand the difference?

Arachno 1D    7,992

We source our products from trusted official dealers around the world and then import them to Europe

Q: How does the warranty work?

A: As products are being imported from overseas, the Original Warranty may not be applicable with your local dealer but eglobal central covers your item with our own 24-month warranty (12-month warranty for mobile, tablets and audio products) just as the original warranty. For more information, please refer to our Warranty Policy.

Q: What if I would like to extend my warranty?

A: It is very easy to extend the warranty for your digital products. You may purchase the respective MACK warranty with either a normal extended warranty or a Diamond service that covers even more including impact damage. MACK warranty is a 3rd party warranty service provider that allows you to service your products locally with any authorised dealer (i.e. Canon cameras at Canon Service Centre). For more details please visit here or their offical website.

Yes its a grey import

• Like 3

Sir Topham Hatt    265

Thought so.

This is why I should just stick to Amazon for everything as their returns policy is brill, their products are right for the right country and it's just quicker than searching through a load of websites.

However just found out Nikon are doing ?50 cashback on that camera.  Means I may end up purchasing from a high street store as I get cashback for that :P

o0moonman0o    54

bigger range usually have smaller aperture which makes it less useful of high shutter speeds are often required or if the lens is used in a low light environment.  This also affects the physical size of the lens as well.  The most ideal would be if someone made a 14-400mm F1.4 that is not a gigantic lens with optical flaws and distortions.