Blu-Ray drive noise on PS4

Call me crazy... Or I've really just never noticed it before, but I can hear the Blu-Ray drive spin/hum on the PS4 when watching Blu-Ray movies.

Please someone tell me it's always been this way so I can sleep better tonight.

I haven't watched many Blu-Rays on it since I've owned it, so this could just be me.

BR movies should spin at 1x general and shouldn't be any more noisy than a regular BR player.so in general you shouldn't hear it, but maybe they haven't tweaked the software to spin at 1x yet.

Is the sound the same as when installing a game? Then its a software issue and its not going at 1x, everything is ok, nothing you can do. Is the sound different, uneven or squeaky or otherwise unnatural, then you probably have a hardware issue.

Try lifting up one of the unit's corners gently. I've had this problem with a Mac Mini; placing a Post-It note folded a few times under one corner/edge 'fixed' the problem.

The disc may be slightly out of shape or center. I doubt it's the PS4. Try a few other discs.

BR movies should spin at 1x general and shouldn't be any more noisy than a regular BR player.so in general you shouldn't hear it, but maybe they haven't tweaked the software to spin at 1x yet.

Is the sound the same as when installing a game? Then its a software issue and its not going at 1x, everything is ok, nothing you can do. Is the sound different, uneven or squeaky or otherwise unnatural, then you probably have a hardware issue.

About 1/2 hr into watching T2:Judgement Day, the spin up died down.

The Blu-Ray drive is a noisy bugger when first starting to play a game. Can't say much for movies as I don't play any in the PS4.

I can confirm that the drive can get loud enough to notice when playing a movie. I avoid using it for movies for that reason, along with the general system sounds.

I only tried a couple movies, but they both resulted in the same sound levels.