PS4 price dropped to

GameStop UK is running the promotion, with IGN indicating this could be the start of a more widespread drop. They're also reporting GAME selling refurbs for <?290, and bundles on sites like ShopTo now pushing under the ?320 mark.

60050819-b426-4e33-b769-a45011a778c1.jpg

Originally seen on GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=928294

WOW!!!!!!! That's a beautiful price point right there...

Anyone who was waiting for a reasonable price point before dipping into next/now gen have no excuse.

What the hell, that's been the price the consoles been in Australia since launch and usually can be found bundled with games.

What was it worth before that?  :|

$475?

Wow, you guys overpay for a lot of things.

That includes VAT @ 20%. When you compare that to the US price it's about the same.

That includes VAT @ 20%. When you compare that to the US price it's about the same.

$399 plus the 6% sales tax I pay here is about $422, and that would be a for a full price PS4. This is supposed to be a "price drop" though so that's why I said you're paying too much.

I see what Enron is saying though, this sale price now makes it comparable to what we were paying, as 20% of $400 would be $80 so $480 would be the conversion on our end. But what were you guys paying before this?

I see what Enron is saying though, this sale price now makes it comparable to what we were paying, as 20% of $400 would be $80 so $480 would be the conversion on our end. But what were you guys paying before this?

?349 was launch price. It's been ?329 for a while though.

PS3 launch price was ?425 for a comparison.

$399 plus the 6% sales tax I pay here is about $422, and that would be a for a full price PS4. This is supposed to be a "price drop" though so that's why I said you're paying too much.

The UK has higher living costs - we pay more for food, taxes, accommodation, have a higher minimum wage, etc. The price beforehand was ?330, so about $436 without tax.

The UK has higher living costs - we pay more for food, taxes, accommodation, have a higher minimum wage, etc. The price beforehand was ?330, so about $436 without tax.

Pssh, they* do it because they can - competition is much higher in US therefore not worth risking losing customers if UK/EU will balance the books... lol

*not just Sony, btw - also, EUR is weak against the GBP atm... :)

Pssh, they* do it because they can - competition is much higher in US therefore not worth risking losing customers if UK/EU will balance the books... lol

*not just Sony, btw - also, EUR is weak against the GBP atm... :)

Just no. Competition is not "much higher" in the US atm, Its just we always get shafted for everything.  Because we moan, yet buy it anyway.

If anything its Europe/UK that traditionally was a PlayStation stronghold so it would make sense if it was the other way around.

How so? lol

This Christmas (US only), XboxOne got a pricedrop and PS4 has not - sounds competitive to me... :)

Yes but the Xbox One has gotten 2 price drops over here (I think it's 2) that the US didn't receive.

Launch price was ?349 (inc tax), so at today's rates ~$550.

As a general rule of thumb, it is more expensive to do business here in the UK than the USA, so a slightly higher price isn't unexpected. They have to take into account the generally higher cost of living (and therefore the higher cost of paying staff), much higher property costs, higher fuel (and therefore transportation/shipping) costs, and even things like the cost of having to comply with our consumer laws (such as the Sale of Goods act which gives protection against substandard/faulty goods for up to 6 years).

That said, getting it under the ?300 mark for Christmas sales is a wise choice.

Well this is the season for sales.

I'm just glad we aren't seeing people post here claiming this is a bad thing or a bad sign.

Its just good news for consumers as we reach the one year anniversary for the new consoles. Its a good time to be getting into one.

TBH nothing has really changed price wise. We've had PS4 + 1 game bundles for months and in the end this price still adds up to ?350 for most of the newer titles.

PS4 + Destiny = ?340

Or Watch_dogs =  ?350

" " GTA V = ?350

" " Far Cry 4 = ?350

Unless you're buying the console to sit it under the TV and nothing else, it's all psychology to get it under the 300 mark :p