Is this website legit? Any experiences?

Go to solution Solved by ThaCrip,

Question

f0rk_b0mb

I think I might have found a really nice website but I just wanted the community's opinion on it. 

Their FAQ says they are legit and legal but anyone with fingers can type that. :D I like how they are so cheap and they provide an option to buy FLAC. 

Looking them up on google it looks like they rented their domain for 6 years. No whois data. ScamAdvisor rate them 86/100 but says they are Korean. Their FAQ say they are Ukrainian. 

Does anyone have experience with this company?

15 answers to this question

ThaCrip
I like how they are so cheap and they provide an option to buy FLAC.

likely a shady site. i would stick to the "usual methods" before going there since i doubt that site is legit offering music THAT cheaply.

as the saying goes, "if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

• Like 1
The_Decryptor

Nope, the bit down the bottom is a keyword thing they're trying to game search engines with.

T3X4S

Nice looking site tho.

Seriously ??  It looks like some kid in jr high did it.

To each their own, right ?

• Like 3
The Evil Overlord

If they're legit, great, but with the amount of scams running out there...

Personally, I would stick with the more trusted sites selling music, unless flac is critically important to you, in which case, register using a disposable email address, use a disposable password, buy the items in question if the cost is minimal, and call the bank and have your card changed.

If they are not a legit site, hopefully you've not lost too much, and any spam would go to an email address you don't care about.

If they're indeed genuine, you're on to a winner

theyarecomingforyou

There's no way it's legitimate with those prices.

• Like 1
SiCKX

They won't scam you, if you mean "get the .mp3" part. The actual legality of said .mp3 is in question, if you look at contacts, it's a Cyprus address. (Nicosia)
All the sites I saw that had a company located there were avoiding copyright. :)

Anyway they have this sister site as well.

http://ivave.com/

It looks the way it does because it's most likely a generic shop-site template.

f0rk_b0mb

Thank you everyone for your advise. I had a hunch it was but, you never know. 

likely a shady site. i would stick to the "usual methods" before going there since i doubt that site is legit offering music THAT cheaply.

as the saying goes, "if something sounds to good to be true, it usually is".

As it stands now, I buy the CD/vinyl off Amazon and rip it as FLAC but there's just occasions I want things _now_. :)

It's 2014 going on 2015 for christ sake: I picked up 3 3TB HDD's for a 100 dollars a pop the other day. 128GB phones are becoming the norm, with micro SD cards standard on most models. As flash gets cheaper, high capacity phones will get cheaper and larger. Why don't companies like Apple (iTunes) and Google (Gplay) sell music as lossless?

Tidosho

Register using a disposable email address, use a disposable password, buy the items in question if the cost is minimal, and call the bank and have your card changed.

The OP would be better using a disposable top-up bank card rather than his/her main bank account, that way they avoid the inconvenience of fussing with the bank and waiting for a new card. Once you've finished with a top-up card you can just cut it up or shred it, once you stop topping it up it's useless.

• Like 2
xendrome

Funny, if you even have to ever ask that question you should already know the answer.

Tidosho

Funny, if you even have to ever ask that question you should already know the answer.

It's actually wise to get a second opinion, nothing wrong with it. No-one's perfect, <s>apart from you, of course</s>

Arachno 1D

Hee hee get a refund and get banned

14. Refunds

If you are dissatisfied with the quality of our services, you may request a refund, which will be considered by administration of Site. For this purpose you should direct the application to the email address : refund@MelodiShop.com with detailed explanation of the reason why refund should be made to you. Administration will give immediate attention to the refund, which should be :

• - not exceed more than 5% of the sum paid to the account;
  • - no more than 30 days has passed from the time of payment for the services;

After the refund your account will be blocked and in the future you will not be able to register on MelodiShop.com web site and use our services ever again .

NOTE: The Site will not issue a refund if you have made a deposit only to purchase 1 song/album, this is not allowed
f0rk_b0mb

I agree with Tidosho. Two heads are better than one. The more eyes on the service the more to point out its flaws. There's a million ma and pa music websites out there. Some better than others, this one is shady. I'm not gonna mess with it at all.  

It's actually wise to get a second opinion, nothing wrong with it. No-one's perfect, <s>apart from you, of course</s>

:)

Hee hee get a refund and get banned

Good eyes! I didn't even see that. They defiantly do not respect their user base. Deal is off. Thanks!

Depicus

Well has all the signs of a classic scam.

1. Contract address seems not to exist

2. Contact address in Cyprus but domain registrar in United Arab Emirates and site hosted on a cloud hosting server in the USA well known for scam web usage.

3. Whois data anonymised which is how good scammers cover their tracks.

on the plus side was using Google Analytics and NewRelic but easy to get these accounts set up.

MikeChipshop

It has its owner details hidden by a Ukrainian company. Barge poles at the ready.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By News Staff
      Save 94% off Sellful: All-in-One Business Software for Freelancers & Entrepreneurs
      by Steven Parker

Today's highlighted deal comes via our Apps + Software section of the Neowin Deals store, where you can save 94% off Sellful: All-in-One Business Software for Freelancers & Entrepreneurs. Website Builder, CRM, SEO, Appointments & more — this platform combines all your business needs in one platform.

What's the deal?
      Ever feel like a client’s needs simply can’t be met on a single platform? With Sellful, it’s all here. Build anything from simple websites to complex workflows to automate your business in a few clicks. Manage everything from email & social media marketing, to payroll & invoicing. It's got a website builder, online shop, CRM, ERP, marketing, memberships, invoicing, appointments, online courses, project manager, and point of sale functions -- all depending on your chosen Sellful Plan. Sellful is the only platform in the world that is truly all in one, combining all aspects of your business in one place no matter the industry.

Build amazing websites & landing pages in minutes Keep track of customers w/ external CRM Manage all aspects of your business in one place Have your clients book appointments for services & meetings quickly Basic Plan: Lifetime (there are multiple plans available to choose from)

1 Website Included 300+ Free Website Templates Appointment Scheduler Advanced Forms Advanced SEO Tools Live Chat & Callback Requests Class & Event Calendar Instant Mobile App Generator External CRM Connect Good to know
      Length of access: lifetime Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase Updates included For terms, specs and license info, click here.

What's the benefit?
      Sellful: All-in-One Business Software for Freelancers & Entrepreneurs normally costs $840 but it can be yours for only $49, that's a saving of $791 (94%) off!

Please note that there are 8 different plans to choose from with discounted offers.

>> Get this deal, or learn more about it <<
      See all Apps + Software on offer. This is a time limited deal.
      Get $1 credit for every $25 spent · Give $10, Get $10 · 10% off for first-time buyers.

Not for you?
      If this offer doesn't interest you, why not check out the following offers:

The Nintendo Gaming Bundle Giveaway 20% off Ivacy VPN subscription with coupon code IVACY20 NordVPN subscription at up to 70% off Private Internet Access VPN subscription at up to 71% off Unlocator VPN or SmartDNS unblock Geoblock with 7-day free trial Disable Sponsored posts · Other recent deals · Preferred partner software

Disclosure: This is a StackCommerce deal or giveaway in partnership with Neowin; an account at StackCommerce is required to participate in any deals or giveaways. For a full description of StackCommerce's privacy guidelines, go here. Neowin benefits from shared revenue of each sale made through our branded deals site, and it all goes toward the running costs.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      Apple releases mobility data to assist COVID-19 efforts
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

With nearly two million coronavirus cases worldwide, governments across the world have put restrictions upon the movement of people to curb the spread of the respiratory infection. Earlier this month, Google released data on how the pandemic changed movement in 131 countries. Similarly, Apple has launched a site, comprising of data that would assist authorities concerned in determining how effective the lockdowns have been (via Reuters).

To generate the data, Apple took into account the number of requests made to Apple Maps for directions and compared it with previous data to find the changes in the volume of people commuting, walking or driving. The Cupertino firm said that the information is being updated on a daily basis, and compared to a date in mid-January.

The information received from users' phones is being "associated with random, rotating identifiers" so individual users cannot be tracked through the service. The website details the changes for major cities and 63 countries or regions, the firm stated. The firm is not revealing the exact number of requests or people moving, but instead, the data is expressed as a percentage of numbers to the mid-January baseline.

• By News Staff
      Free Guide: The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
      by Steven Parker

Claim your complimentary eGuide for free today, before the offer expires.

What's it about?
      Personalizing customer experience on a large scale. The gold of the 21st century is data.

There is a wealth of methods to put your company’s data to work; by far, personalization is one of the most exciting and effective. Customers are demanding personalization, but they are not truly getting it from every brand. Organizations are investing in technology that can provide personalization but not implementing it fast enough.

This guide will arm you with strategies to set the groundwork for an optimized, ever improving plan to drive bottom-line impact using personalization.

Included in this white paper:

How personalization works Personalization according to the customer journey Personalization and content management How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to claim this offer. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization - Free eGuide <<
      Offered by CMSWire & Progress Sitefinity, view their other free resources. Limited time offer.

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand. Or via our preferred partner:

How can I disable these posts? Click here.

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.com's Privacy Policy.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Netflix: We no longer support iTunes as a method of payment for new members
      by Usama Jawad

Over the past few months, Netflix has been experimenting with its subscription model. Apparently, the company was considering cheaper pricing for India but that was ruled out by the CEO. Then, it announced a new $4 mobile-only tier for Malaysian customers in November, with more Asian countries expected to follow suit soon.

Now, the firm has permanently pulled iTunes billing for new customers using iOS devices.

VentureBeat reports that Netflix will no longer allow new users to sign up for the service via iTunes billing, and will instead direct them to the company's website. This move is quite significant because it essentially means that Netflix will be keeping all the proceeds that are made towards getting a new subscription instead of handing over 15% of the payment to Apple.

This change in the subscription plan also applies to existing customers who sign up for the service again after canceling billing for at least a month. The company apparently began testing this new model in select countries back in August, but has now decided to roll out the change globally. The decision to do so lines up with the one it made for Google Play customers back in May.

The move is quite similar to the one that Epic took with Fortnite on Google Play, where the company opted to release the game for Android via its own installer instead of the Play Store in order to avoid revenue cuts. This payment model is purported to cause Google to miss out on over $50 million in 2018. With even Netflix now taking this direction, it will be interesting to see if more companies follow suit.

Source: VentureBeat

• By News Staff
      Get Your Website Up and Running with this free eBook (worth $29)
      by Steven Parker

This resource discusses the basics of getting a domain name, hosting, administering your site with cPanel, and even discusses the legalities of copyrighting your site. (worth $29) for free, before the offer expires.

What's it about?
      This short selection of tutorials, hand-picked from SitePoint’s SitePoint’s Web channel, will help you get your own site up on the Web in no time. It contains

Why Every Business Needs a Website by Jeff Smith How to Choose, Register and Make the Most of Your Domain Name by Adrian Try What Sort of Hosting Should I Choose for My Website? by Adrian Try The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Hosting Provider by Adrian Try Cloud Hosting: the Pros and Cons by Craig Buckler 6 Tips for Managing Your Site with cPanel by Jeff Smith What It Means to Copyright a Website by Alyssa Gregory How to Create a Portfolio Site That Will Get You Hired by Jacco Blankenspoor This eBook is suitable for beginners.

How to get it
      Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to download this free eBook. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register. While supplies last!

>> FREE eBook (worth $29) - Get Your Website Up and Running <<
      Offered by SitePoint, view their other free resources.
      Limited time offer.

Not for you?
      That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time-limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand.

Or via our preferred partner, you can Save 58% off a 2-year subscription to Private Internet Access. Get it for the equivalent of just $2.91 a month!

How can I disable these posts? Click here.

Disclosure: A valid email address is required to fulfill your request. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this offer. By submitting a request, your information is subject to TradePub.coms Privacy Policy.