Coral Castle

poind    0

Anyone familiar with the Coral Castle?

Guy carved and assembled this whole thing supposedly by himself out of extremely heavy stuff, claimed he knew the "secrets of the pyramids", yet died without anyone knowing what he did? Even moved the whole thing to a new location at one point. Best explanation he ever gave in his found writings (also supported a bit by various equipment discovered) was that he'd discovered powers of "magnetism".

Though the "stones" he used would have higher magnetic properties I believe, and the guy made references to particular points of the earth with strong magnetic fields, I still don't get it.

Anyway, has anyone heard anything about this, how it was constructed, or have any "theories"? Wondered about this one for years now. Every now and again you might stumble upon a special on it on Discovery Channel or something similar.

http://www.coralcastle.com

Hum    6,934

:rolleyes: Both Ed Leedskalnin and the Pyramid builders used something called 'inner sound' to cause the stones to become temporarily 'weightless'. The High Preists of ancient Egypt were entrusted with this secret understanding of sound and it's effects on the stones. In the future, sound will be used to control the World's weather. Sound is a Catalyst that can be used in many ways.

I suspect that Ed Leedskalnin had a reincarnational connection with Egypt of long ago, and 'remembered' what he once knew.

post-92-1071542390.gif

Boffa Jones    0

THat is strange. What does the magnatism have to do with sound though?

senior    0

there may be something to that..

Anyone catch that special on pbs called The Elegant Universe..

It was discussing super string theory.. and I suppose if you were to somehow change the frequencies at the sub atomic level u would actually change the property of the material..

meh..i have nothing ;p

Toxicfume    7

Wow, this is really interesting, but It's kind of wied why modern science has not discovered such things yet...

Glowstick    3

That so hard to guess?

The more intriguing the fact that people (see above) actually DO know about a phenomenon called 'inner sound', the more fascinating is then the fact that todays scientists weren't able to reproduce the same effect some sand diggers managed to do with woodsticks a few thousand years ago.

BroChaos    1

cool stuff, and they win cheesiest intro of the year award too :)

Toxicfume    7
That so hard to guess?

The more intriguing the fact that people (see above) actually DO know about a phenomenon called 'inner sound', the more fascinating is then the fact that todays scientists weren't able to reproduce the same effect some sand diggers managed to do with woodsticks a few thousand years ago.

I'm not saying they should know, just that sometimes the simplest of things are found out last. Well I don't know nor have I heard about what much sand diggers could do with woodsticks thousands of years ago, but I pretty much think there wasn't anything special, just like the pyramids, there was no magic involved.

OT: BTW tom servo, I couldn't resist to giggle to know you listened to punjabi mc :p

Glowstick    3

It's a remix, it sounds totally different than the original. And that's the only reason I actually listen to it, the original is yuck.

poind    0

I'm still not getting it. :)

I personally do believe there's a lot to sound capabilities yet untapped, but don't really see how they would have done all this. The guy did claim something with magnetism (true or not), and I am aware "magnetic points" have been found at various places on the earth. Supposedly the Castle was initially close to one of them, and the guy moved the thing to be directly over one (still supported by current analysis?) after he revised his studies.

For what it's worth, do think one of the documentary things I once saw on the Castle even had construction workers claiming (perhaps just for dramatic effect?) there was no way even modern equipment could handle the weight of some of the pieces this guy carved out and moved, on his own, at that. Each section of wall is supposedly over 58 tons (?) and was put in place decades ago.

Why do I find it likely the puzzle of this place is going to nag at me for years more? :)

[Edit: For what it's worth, an empty space shuttle without tank/boosters weighs about 83 tons, and tends to be moved on the ground at bare feet per second.]

Edited by poind