Kazaa Lite 2.60 RC2 Released!

Mark Otto
Damn i want this :(

why...kazaa bites...use something else.

+John Teacake

its just because there was a load of trouble between Sharman and the kazza lite people last week. before then it was fine to post links etc.

eXclusive
why...kazaa bites...use something else.

Why should i ? i like kazaa.

Why do you even care ?

Zerosignull

how about this for a partway solution to the non posting of the kazza light links. what if someone post a link to google that has in it the search results for kazza ligt and where we can obtain it?

As far as im aware posting to search that takes you to a place which inturn has the linkgs to download is in no way illegal

Mark Otto
how about this for a partway solution to the non posting of the kazza light links. what if someone post a link to google that has in it the search results for kazza ligt and where we can obtain it?

As far as im aware posting to search that takes you to a place which inturn has the linkgs to download is in no way illegal

Yes it is illegal to do because you would be providing links to download this piece of software that has been threatened to get their asses sued by Sharman Networks. It wasn't just a lot of trouble, the links for Kazaa Lite should not be shared here because of that threat by Sharman to take action. Neowin has a reputation to uphold with the Internet community. Some people just can't obey the rules.

And try using Bittorrent instead of Kazaa Lite...no spam, no adds, no crap files (most get filtered out), no real download client like Kazaa's, better speeds, better files, more people, more files, and over all, it's just better. Kazaa is a piece, in my opinion, compared to BT. Go ahead and use it, just don't post links or links to links.

ring0

this p.o.s. wasn't even worth downloading. *switches back to 2.4.3*

excuse me, i need to go wash my hands, now...

OPaul

So because someone "threatens" to sue someone else we can no longer provide links to their software? I don't really follow that logic. I could threaten to sue Microsoft, what then? Unless it was taken to court and proven Kazaa Lite is illegal then it does not make sense to me to restrict links to their software.

Mark Otto
So because someone "threatens" to sue someone else we can no longer provide links to their software? I don't really follow that logic. I could threaten to sue Microsoft, what then? Unless it was taken to court and proven Kazaa Lite is illegal then it does not make sense to me to restrict links to their software.

Kazaa was bought by Sharman Networks, therefore it is there property. If it is their property they are posting on the net, they should be the ones letting people download it. With that, they should be able to take action to keep others from posting their product without the tools Sharman has in Kazaa to gain money (spam). Sharman has the right to sue...its their property, even if it is free software.

alexander777

as alot of people know, most of all neowin they know me them and I alot of times dont agree on shi** HOWEVER I do see thier point in this case. Although I strongly disagree but they dont want to be fending off

lawsuits ny anyone with deep pockets. They are here to provide a venting service, and news they dont have the time or the funds to defend themselves against nonsense which I fully understand and appreciate.

However if i may I have very very deep pockets and have no fear if someone would like a link please read my info and leave me a message or send an e mail id be happy to upload it or give you a link to the program. * NOTE* please dont bother asking me to post on neowin I might disagree but I respect their position.....period no exceptions.

OPaul
Kazaa was bought by Sharman Networks, therefore it is there property. If it is their property they are posting on the net, they should be the ones letting people download it. With that, they should be able to take action to keep others from posting their product without the tools Sharman has in Kazaa to gain money (spam). Sharman has the right to sue...its their property, even if it is free software.

I didn't say they couldn't take any action against people from modifying their software but here in the U.S the court system abides by a strict policy of innocent until proven guilty, perhaps it's the other way around in other countries. But Sharmen Networks never took the Kazaa Lite team to court therefor it has not be proven they have infringed on Sharmen Networks copyrighted software.

Malechai

Well, in all honesty, bottom line is this - no links because we say so.

Really no point in arguing further. (sorry!)

Redestium

The Neowin team is just covering their asses, better safe than sorry ya know? :/

{I}{K}{E}

RC 3 out now

Changes In Build 3

==================

* Updated PG IP Database

* Updated Diet-K

* Added KaZuperNodes

* Reduced Size Of Diet-K By Romving Some Uneeded Spyware Uninstallers

* Uninstaller Now Removes ALL Kazaa Registry Keys

* Added Start-Menu Shotcut To Readme

* Added KaNAT

* Fixed Bug Where Two Dietk.exe's Were Created

* Launch Kazaa #KLchat Build At End Of Installer Now Works

* Fixed Bugs With Shortcuts

* Changed Some Diet-K Options

* Changed AVi Preview To AVi Preview+

* Changed Some Registry Keys (Hopefully Will Speed Up Connection On 56k)

* Fixed Alot Of General Problems

idbuythatforadollar

so under the same logic, neowin no longer allows messenger no-ad patches.

correct? or incorrect. it would be real nice if neowin would set the lines, rather than hop from foot to foot, allowing some programs and disregarding others. I'm not complaining about lack of freedom of speech on these forums; the owners of the board may lay down whichever rules they wish, rather the multiple rules members must adhear to.

Until I saw the kazaa link removed, I thought I'd figured it:

Popular, well known, widley used applications, such as cracked versions of kazaa and Messenger ad-patchers were accepted.

However, less well known or well used programs, such as an Opera advert remover were not tollerated.

But hey, after seeing this thread, it seems evident the 'secret' rules have changed again.

I personally don't care if cracks and betas etc are available, or not available on this board; as someone said, there are plenty of other places to go.

However, what I do object to is the LACK OF CLARIFICATION ABOUT CRACK RELATED SOFTWARE.

Neowin should lay down the rules. Either NO leaked betas, service packs, ad patchers, or ALL leaked betas, service packs, ad patchers should be available.

idbuythatforadollar

Now lets do a test. Below are links to a MSN 6.1 ad remover patch, and an Opera 7.2 advert remover patch. It seems that the first one of the two are available all over these boards, however, the second one is non existant. The question? Which one of the two will be 'moderated'?

If the first is removed, it would only be fair that EVERY link to an msn 6 ad-patcher on the neowin forums is also removed. If it is NOT removed, then it would also only be fair that the opera patch is not removed.

Both the patches perform exactly the same functions on two different peices of software. One made by microsoft, one by ASA. Or is neowin determining 'acceptable' applications by manufacturer now?

MSN 6.1.0155 Ad-remover

http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=456

Opera 7.x Ad-remover

NANANANANA

Deleting the content of this post, rather than dealing with what I am saying would only serve to prove my point... But if you do so, you would also have to delete these ones (to say the least):

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...=msn+ad+remover

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...20remover&st=15

Edited by [saint dark]
The Jorge

idbuythatforadollar :yes:

imo, very valid points indeed. :D

:whistle:

sfalcon
glad to see they are updating their illegal pirating software

Interesting...your 'secret site' there has a ripped copy of the Triumph CD... What's your stance again?

sanctified

I removed the second because it guides to a page full of other illegal cracks, not because any of your points

sanctified
Now lets do a test. Below are links to a MSN 6.1 ad remover patch, and an Opera 7.2 advert remover patch. It seems that the first one of the two are available all over these boards, however, the second one is non existant. The question? Which one of the two will be 'moderated'?

If the first is removed, it would only be fair that EVERY link to an msn 6 ad-patcher on the neowin forums is also removed. If it is NOT removed, then it would also only be fair that the opera patch is not removed.

Both the patches perform exactly the same functions on two different peices of software. One made by microsoft, one by ASA. Or is neowin determining 'acceptable' applications by manufacturer now?

MSN 6.1.0155 Ad-remover

http://www.mess.be/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=456

Opera 7.x Ad-remover

NANANANANA

Deleting the content of this post, rather than dealing with what I am saying would only serve to prove my point... But if you do so, you would also have to delete these ones (to say the least):

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...20remover&st=15

you fail to see that Opera is not a free software, hence the adds, in the other hand msn is indeed a free software so you logic is flawed

Malechai

perhaps you should just put a warning on his account for breaking rule #2, or maybe even another for #11 and call it a day

Rivers

so is the "real" kazaa links banned cos the RIAA outlawed/dont like em? :rolleyes: :laugh:

sfalcon
so is the "real" kazaa links banned cos the RIAA outlawed/dont like em? :rolleyes: :laugh:

Excellent point.

zeroxtremecool

I just keep my ip blocker updated and Im getting minor updates from this dude on K-Lite forum who is doing them. Respecting the Modz and Adminz I wont post that either you will have to do some looking. This dudes updates r pretty cool the last one contained an Ip update and the network update this dude is working close with the original developers I belive but who cares his update was virus free and worked!

sanctified

the RIAA doesnt have a lawsuit against them nor have won any agains them, or am I mistaken? :rolleyes: