Kazaa Lite 2.60 RC2 Released!

DigitalFreedom
Sharman Networks Press release ? Klite official Forums ?

Quit it already, learn to admit that you're wrong sometimes :\

NOT THE BAN, i mean the suppoed legal action, LEGAL ACTION

sanctified
alright, send me the link of the news fromj a reliable news source that this has happened please, and i do respect your descion, but i have to stand uo for when the logic you follow might be flawed :)

I just did it, but it seems that we are a little lazy today, arent we?

http://www.nvmax.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?num=1070727057

http://www.peerguardian.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2311

0sit0

errr... if you guys post links to other programs like msn messenger ad remover and stuff like that why not klite, i mean klite and kazaa are both illegal so why bother lol anyway you do whatever you want

Joel
and you should respect my freedom of speach.. everyones happy and now I am hungry so stop it already lol

FYI, freedom of speech does not exist on a private board.

sanctified
errr... if you guys post links to other programs like msn messenger ad remover and stuff like that why not klite, i mean klite and kazaa are both illegal so why bother lol anyway you do whatever you want

care to read my points about those ad removers please? :rolleyes:

Ran Sagy

Well, That settles it, at least you're smart enough to know when to quit ;)

Id say we added a few extra useless page and this needs to be locked, but id be stepping outta my boundries if i do so ..

sanctified
FYI, freedom of speech does not exist on a private board.

you tell him silly!!! :D

OPaul

I don't know where you guys are getting your news from but Sharman Networks HAS NOT sued or taken any legal action against the Kazaa Lite team. They have threated to, that is all.

Sharman have threatened legal action, and ordered that the offending content be removed from the official Kazaa Lite sites, including http://www.kazaalite.tk/ which now contains no reference to the existance of the application.

sanctified
I don't know where you guys are getting your news from but Sharman Networks HAS NOT sued or taken any legal action against the Kazaa Lite team. They have threated to, that is all.

the point is that legal action is in the air, and thats something we need to respect

idbuythatforadollar
,Dec 15 2003, 22:19] the point is that legal action is in the air, and thats something we need to respect

what, like SCO V linux? ;)

Lets keep this to a debate though guys, not a flame war. Am I, or am I not allowed to post a link to a kazaa ad remover. This works on exactly the same principal as msn messenger. If not, then why am I allowed to post a msn messenger ad remover. Legal action 'in the air' means absolutley nothing.

The bottom line here, is Neowin need to SORT OUT their stance on cracked software, and not have multiple policies for very slightly different applications

Edited by idbuythatforadollar
OPaul

Yea but legal action has been in the air about Kazaa from day one, can we not post links to Shaman's Kazaa either then? The RIAA have taken more action against Sharman then Sharman will eve take against the Kazaa Lite team.

sanctified
Yea but legal action has been in the air about Kazaa from day one, can we not post links to Shaman's Kazaa either then? The RIAA have taken more action against Sharman then Sharman will eve take against the Kazaa Lite team.

extra! extra! RIAA has lost! :rolleyes:

btw: SCO is losing the point too

its to hard to understand that we are not going to allow this? talk about beating a dead horse

OPaul

Right, the RIAA lost that's not my point. They took legal action, Sharman has not taken ANY legal action against the Kazaa Lite team and I doubt they ever will.

uniacidz

Thats a very good point.

How can Neowin post Kazaa download links to be determined as fine when the RIAA has HAD court action against Kazaa and also has determined that Kazaa does in fact share copyright material, YET cannot post Kazaa Lite download links even though Kazaa Lite hasnt had any court action against it?

Even speaking about normal Kazaa would be in violation due to the fact that its sharing copyright material and yes people are continually being sued if caught using these P2P programs.

Funny isnt it.

sanctified
Right, the RIAA lost that's not my point. They took legal action, Sharman has not taken ANY legal action against the Kazaa Lite team and I doubt they ever will.

since RIAA lost then there is not illegal to post kazaa, thats my point, sherman networks havent take any legal action yet, but its still their code and thats why k-lite developers didnt oppose any resistance, get it?

sanctified
Thats a very good point.

How can Neowin post Kazaa download links to be determined as fine when the RIAA has HAD court action against Kazaa and also has determined that Kazaa does in fact share copyright material, YET cannot post Kazaa Lite download links even though Kazaa Lite hasnt had any court action against it?

Funny isnt it.

read my post above, if you fail to see the logic, fine, but dont complain, you want links to kazza lite? dont look here

OPaul

So basically Neowin abides by one simple rule, guilty until proven innocent.

sanctified

ok, you asked for it, thread closed