Microsoft Exec: Xbox One Sales Were Incredible During Black Friday, Possibly Takes A Shot At PS4

Black Friday has come and gone. We hope that you were able to pick up your favorite consoles and games at a pretty cheap rate. This year?s Holiday is pretty important for Microsoft and Xbox One. The console is currently lagging in sales compared to the PlayStation 4, with rumors stating that the PS4 has already sold 15 million consoles compared to 8 million Xbox Ones out there.

Having said that, according to Aaron Greenberg, who looks after the marketing of first and third party games studios at Microsoft, the Xbox One had an incredible Black Friday. ?Sales

were incredible, grateful for all the support and new fans,? he tweeted. It will be interesting to see what kind of figures Xbox One did during the sale. Hopefully the next NPD sales figures will give us a broader picture.

Furthermore, Greenberg also revealed that the Xbox One was a total sellout in one of the Target stores in California. In the same tweet he shared an interesting picture which shows a pallet full of PlayStation 4s. (I see what you did there, Aaron!) Unfortunately this made a few fans a bit unhappy.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

http://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-exec-xbox-one-sales-were-incredible-during-black-friday-possibly-takes-a-shot-at-ps4

Anecdotally, the Target near me was sold out of Xbox Ones, but fully stocked of PS4s, though they never seem to have much of either when fully stocked. They were doing some sort of deal where it was $330 and you got like a $50 target gift card. PS4s were still just $400.

Xbox One beats PS4 on Black Friday, according to market-research firm

The Xbox One dominated Black Friday sales, according to market-research firm InfoScout. Microsoft?s latest system made up 53 percent of all console sales on one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Sony?s PS4, meanwhile, managed to capture 31 percent. The Xbox One was on sale for $330 at a number of big stores like Target and Walmart, and Microsoft bundled it with big games like Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag and Unity. That helped gamers choose the Xbox One over the PlayStation 4, which was $400 bundled with Bungie?s sci-fi shooter Destiny or with the rereleases of Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us.

To get this data, InfoScout uses two smartphone apps that reward consumers for uploading their purchases by taking pictures of their receipts. The intelligence firm tracks over 200,000 shoppers, and it gets more than 125,000 receipts on an average day. On Black Friday, consumers uploaded more than 182,000 receipts, which helped InfoScout declare Xbox One the Black Friday winner.

topconsole_share.jpg

http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/29/xbox-one-beats-ps4-on-black-friday-according-to-market-research-firm/

The reason Xbox One did so much better than ps4 on Black Friday is because there is no Black Friday in China and that's where sony get most of there sales.

(I don't know for a fact that China don't have Black Friday but I'm pretty sure so that's my prediction)

You've not seen the sales of ps4 in the USA and Europe then, no??

MS were always going to do well this November much because they have had to drop prices and bundle up.

Gamers really like to stir up trouble, like coming in second in this market, which isn't as big as some think, means doom and gloom. Just be happy both are doing well and the market looks strong, for now.

Congrats to Xbox, I don't care personally about any console wars, I just want to see more complete great games and new IPs. 

• Like 1

The reason Xbox One did so much better than ps4 on Black Friday is because there is no Black Friday in China and that's where sony get most of there sales.

(I don't know for a fact that China don't have Black Friday but I'm pretty sure so that's my prediction)

Fact 1 - The PS4 isn't for sale in China, at all.

Fact 2 - Black Friday sales data is U.S Only.

• Like 2

Now how many of those sales went to people who already have PS4s? As they can't buy a PS4 during the holiday weekend, it's a +2 statistically for XB1.

I was the opposite: I bought a XB1 for Halo (big mistake) so I bought a PS4 this BF.

IMO, many of the early adopters are enthusiasts and many end up with both consoles (like myself.) ATM, PS4 has a greater install base with these people, so XB1 is due to catch up.

If it doesn't fix it's core issues with it's top games and it's poor, sluggish, dashboard; the added sales are only going to spark more negative press articles. These issues are about to become more prominent.

Since the initial set-up, my XB1 has drowned me in disappointment.

I'd be surprised if Xbox One didn't win November (and likely December), but I very seriously doubt Sony is that far behind.

I'd be surprised if Xbox One did actually. I think they will be both very close to declare any clear winner.

Now how many of those sales went to people who already have PS4s? As they can't buy a PS4 during the holiday weekend, it's a +2 statistically for XB1.

I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I very much disagree.

You may disagree, but you still don't understand how statistics work...

Most people who will buy both already did anyway. Most sales now are for people who

1 couldn't afford next/current gen yet

2 didn't feel there was enough games available yet before (there wasn't)

And the XO now not only has a great price, but an awesome game lineup as well. Double score

snip

You can't boil things down to some specific scenario. It's not even a likely scenario.

Edited by Andrew

snip

It's not an opinion when you are factually abusing the word statistics, and even using made up fantasy numbers to do it. Even if your numbers where rights, that's not statistics, it'd be your opinion and and about as meaningful as anything Pachter says

I would hazard a guess that most of the sales growth this holiday is from people that were still holding on to a last gen console.

The pricing of consoles along with the selection of games reached a critical mass for many people.