So... PS4 faceplates?

Rotating logo should have been on the PS3.

Scratch that. Rotating logos should be on everything!  :laugh:

My dreams have came true!

Not sure if serious, but that looks god-awful.

• Like 1

Funny. First gen X360 did something similar to this and nobody cared. Now Sony is doing it with the PS4 :P I suspect a v2 X1 with removable faceplate coming in...

Funny. First gen X360 did something similar to this and nobody cared. Now Sony is doing it with the PS4 :p I suspect a v2 X1 with removable faceplate coming in...

Its doubtfull that microsoft will follow suit. the ps4s faceplate was being removable was more by design than anything else. If such feature was intended to be changed by the customer sony would have touted this on the packaging.

Its doubtfull that microsoft will follow suit. the ps4s faceplate was being removable was more by design than anything else. If such feature was intended to be changed by the customer sony would have touted this on the packaging.

Yeah, it's for accessing the HDD isn't it? I just meant that MS did it for that reason and nobody really cared (and MS removed it in future revisions) while for Sony it was unintended and it's catching on. Just seemed funny to me :laugh:

My fat PS3 has a rotating logo, did they remove it with the slims?

Must have. I have these and I don't think their logos rotate.

It's sort of odd. That was a PlayStation trademark in its own right, why abandon it? I know it seems silly to care about something that is largely a novelty but I always thought it was a fun part of the PlayStation brand.  :)

Funny. First gen X360 did something similar to this and nobody cared. Now Sony is doing it with the PS4 :p I suspect a v2 X1 with removable faceplate coming in...

360 faceplates were popular for a year or so and then it shifted towards LE consoles being the hot ticket.

The only notable faceplates after launch were Live is Five and the 10 year anniversary.

Added bonus faceplate directory: http://lowdown411.com/fp.html

Must have. I have these and I don't think their logos rotate.

It's sort of odd. That was a PlayStation trademark in its own right, why abandon it? I know it seems silly to care about something that is largely a novelty but I always thought it was a fun part of the PlayStation brand.  :)

There were a lot of complaints that the logo was snapping off as people were cleaning / dusting it around the time of release. I would probably put money on Sony phasing it out for cost reasons though.

If I were to own a PS4, I would certainly own the PS2 style cover though - great bit of nostalgia there.

• 3 months later...