Subscriber's signature

Hello everyone!

After being a reader for a long time I decided that it was time to subscribe and support my favourite Windows-oriented news website. I went to the 'Upgrade Account' option and followed the process by paying through Paypal. Everything went well and I was able to complete the purchase. After a couple of minutes a received a confirmation e-mail from Paypal and Neowin informing me that my account has been successfully upgraded.

All good.

I decided to take advantage of the signature icon that is offered with the subscription and went into the settings panel in order to change my signature. Unfortunately, my signature icon displays my 'account name' instead of the 'display name'. Is there a way I can change that?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Legendary Aced.

Go to your profile,

Click signature,

That page lets you add the sig, if you're seeing the wrong one.

Try using the reload feature in the link at the bottom.

If you're trying to use a different name on the signature, you have 2 options,

1 change your name on the account abd reload the sig, then change it back, or

2 ask a member, or a staff member who know how to make custom sigs (like mine) to make you one and load it into the box in your user control panel. :)

Thank you for the quick replies :D

I went to My Settings > Signature and the available signature uses my account name 'kostas_pav' instead of my display name 'Legendary Aced'. I tried to refresh the image by regenerating but I still see the same name. Only the colour changed from dark grey to oragne :)

This might be intentional or an implementation restriction, which is okay. I was just wondering if I can change the name show in the signature as Legendary Aced (which is my display name).

Thank you for the quick replies :D

I went to My Settings > Signature and the available signature uses my account name 'kostas_pav' instead of my display name 'Legendary Aced'. I tried to refresh the image by regenerating but I still see the same name. Only the colour changed from dark grey to oragne :)

This might be intentional or an implementation restriction, which is okay. I was just wondering if I can change the name show in the signature to Legendary Aced (which is my display name).

You can Photoshop your own but the generated one will always be the username that is shown on your posts.

I think you can change your display name here. Though it will change it everywhere & not just the sig:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=displayname

I think I kind of messed up the Display Name and the Member Title. :blush:

It all looks good now!

Thanks everyone for the valuable help :D

• 9 months later...

Like many other things still broke, the script probably can't read the group information anymore, sorry.

It happens.  Was it because of the overhaul that was done?  I liked that signature. Lol.  I'm guessing its being worked on?

• 4 weeks later...

Why is it when I come to the main page and click login, I input the info and it takes me to another page to input the same exact information a second time? Lol

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Steve B said:

I'm guessing they haven't fixed the subscriber 2 signature yet?  Any word on its progress?

Does seem like the signature files are not updating at present, I don't know what controls this process. @DaveLegg, @Timan any ideas on this one?

1 minute ago, LimeMaster said:

Why are you replying to your own post? :shifty:

You weren't aware that over 50% of Neowin accounts are all my alt accounts? :p jk