I had a physical install of The Last of Us installed on my PS4. I traded in the game but never uninstalled it from my ps4. I'm in the process of "digitizing" all my games for this gen (probably my last gen as true gamer at that).

So I bought a digital code of the game (dirt cheap by the way) and redeemed it, and it seems that the physical install of the game doesn't just convert over to the digital license. I had to uninstall the game and then go back into the market and redownload it...

So anyone who plans on dumping physical copies for digital on the PS4, may want to keep this in mind.

I had a physical install of The Last of Us installed on my PS4. I traded in the game but never uninstalled it from my ps4. I'm in the process of "digitizing" all my games for this gen (probably my last gen as true gamer at that).

So I bought a digital code of the game (dirt cheap by the way) and redeemed it, and it seems that the physical install of the game doesn't just convert over to the digital license. I had to uninstall the game and then go back into the market and redownload it...

So anyone who plans on dumping physical copies for digital on the PS4, may want to keep this in mind.

No point in having two versions of the game on the PS4 anyway.

I got PvZ digital copy for free during that EA special on PSN and I downloaded the digital copy while the disk copy was already installed. I uninstalled the disk copy before I opened up the digital copy and everything worked well and took my progress and moved it over.

No point in having two versions of the game on the PS4 anyway.

I got PvZ digital copy for free during that EA special on PSN and I downloaded the digital copy while the disk copy was already installed. I uninstalled the disk copy before I opened up the digital copy and everything worked well and took my progress and moved it over.

When I got PvZ:GW on EA access.. I traded in my physical copy ASAP...

And when I redeemed it on Access I didn't have to do anything. It was automatically converted.

I didn't understand your original point. You were saying that in order to convert to digital from disk based games that you need to download the digital copy of the game..

Yes that is correct.

I didn't understand your original point. You were saying that in order to convert to digital from disk based games that you need to download the digital copy of the game..

Yes that is correct.

I think he believed that because he had already installed the game with his disc that all of the game existed on the HDD and having to insert the disc was just a measure to make sure you actually owned the game.

Installing from the disc doesn't 1:1 copy everything from the disc to the HDD.

I think he believed that because he had already installed the game with his disc that all of the game existed on the HDD and having to insert the disc was just a measure to make sure you actually owned the game.

Installing from the disc doesn't 1:1 copy everything from the disc to the HDD.

This.

I would do this if my Internet connection wasn't so crappy and unstable :(. Also, I still love the experience of unwrapping a new game :D

Only thing I do miss about physical copies is being able to display my game cases.

Nothing beats switching between games/apps on the fly with my voice.

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing I do miss about physical copies is being able to display my game cases.

Nothing beats switching between games/apps on the fly with my voice.

I agree with that. It's incredible comfortable not standing up and switching a game. Also, you don't have to worry if the game scratches or not.