[REQ] Windows Update V5 Screenies

mm3h

I know some people on Neowin wanted some so i would like to request some for me and for the rest of neowin people without SP2. Could someone post some Windows Update V5 screenies?

Thanks

TAPNET

Betelgeuse

I don't think that V5 of WU is up yet. :/

DeltaLima
I don't think that V5 of WU is up yet. :/

It is for those running the beta SP2

Betelgeuse

I'm on the SP2 beta but no downloads available yet.. Soon I hope.

Blaise

moved to XP client

dougkinzinger

I would, but I'd be violating the tester's agreement with Microsoft...so mods, be sure to take down any posted screenshots!! And testers, don't post any!!

+John Teacake
I would, but I'd be violating the tester's agreement with Microsoft...so mods, be sure to take down any posted screenshots!! And testers, don't post any!!

why ?

cnboi

:o

why for this?only have a look.isnt this allowed?

+John Teacake

yeah thats what i thought.

dougkinzinger

It's what what you thought?

"Any Microsoft product which hasn't had a screenshot released from Microsoft itself cannot be shown to the public by beta testers." (Or something like that.) Windows Update is a Microsoft product. Need I say more? :pinch:

Destian

You must be a whole lotta fun at parties!

cnboi
It's what what you thought?

"Any Microsoft product which hasn't had a screenshot released from Microsoft itself cannot be shown to the public by beta testers." (Or something like that.) Windows Update is a Microsoft product. Need I say more? :pinch:

uv said that ms Windows Update V5 is a product ,id rather consider it as a new method to update ur os.

as well known, microsoft longhorn is also a beta product of ms.according to ur words,taking a screenshot of beta longhorns is also forbidden.then why so many screenshots of longhorn can be seen on the internet even in our forum? :shifty:

dougkinzinger

Nope. Microsoft calls it a product. If you were a beta tester you would know that. Screenshots of WU v5 cannot yet be published.

Longhorn screenshots can be published, because Microsoft has publicly demonstrated the product.

Destian

I don't want to get into a big arguement about this, but why not just worry about yourself and let others make their own decisions? Unless of course you're a high ranking microsoft employee, in which case you have my apologies. :)

dougkinzinger
I don't want to get into a big arguement about this, but why not just worry about yourself and let others make their own decisions? Unless of course you're a high ranking microsoft employee, in which case you have my apologies. :)

I am affiliated with Microsoft and do receive pay from them, so yes, unless you'd like to be reported, I would stop here. :/

dougkinzinger
the http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com sub domain was there for quite some time already, I bet Microsoft didn't even point it to the correct server so let alone a screenie...

You can't view that site unless you're running a build XP SP2. If it doesn't detect it, it redirects you to V4.

Destian
I am affiliated with Microsoft and do receive pay from them, so yes, unless you'd like to be reported, I would stop here. :/

What is your job title exactly? Feel free not to answer if you'd feel uncomfortable.

Also, feel free to go ahead and "report" me. Although you may have trouble finding a reason to...

cnboi
Nope. Microsoft calls it a product. If you were a beta tester you would know that. Screenshots of WU v5 cannot yet be published.

Longhorn screenshots can be published, because Microsoft has publicly demonstrated the product.

such a pretty reply.

uv said taking a screenshot of longhorn is allowed 4 the reasons that ms has publicly demonstrated this product.

well,please,please give me the homepage on which ms demonstrated longhorn on its official websites,for the most important,on its official websites.

Ritalin

I totally understand Doug and he is right...

vespaman
I totally understand Doug and he is right...

same here

+John Teacake
yeah thats what i thought.

oops i posted that in the wrong thread. sorry