[REQ] Windows Update V5 Screenies

Farchord
It's what what you thought?

"Any Microsoft product which hasn't had a screenshot released from Microsoft itself cannot be shown to the public by beta testers." (Or something like that.) Windows Update is a Microsoft product. Need I say more? :pinch:

I agree. It's a violation of the NDA.

mm3h

Damn that means i have to get hold of SP2 Beta

dougkinzinger

Thanks for the support people. It obviously means that not everyone in this thread is foolish.

As for Tapnet's question, yes, if you wanted to view V5, you would have to be running XP SP2.

dougkinzinger
such a pretty reply.

uv said taking a screenshot of longhorn is allowed 4 the reasons that ms has publicly demonstrated this product.

well,please,please give me the homepage on which ms demonstrated longhorn on its official websites,for the most important,on its official websites.

Are you sure you're not JohnsonBox under there? Your question escapes me.

dougkinzinger
What is your job title exactly? Feel free not to answer if you'd feel uncomfortable.

Also, feel free to go ahead and "report" me. Although you may have trouble finding a reason to...

No, I'm not going to 'report' you...just as long as you don't post any leaked MS betas!

OptiPlex

Breaking the NDA is no fun people.

Let's wait until some person that is willing to break the NDA posts them. ;)

cnboi
Are you sure you're not JohnsonBox under there? Your question escapes me.

i realize that u major in glossology.good job!

そうです。 :sleep:

Autoexec
You must be a whole lotta fun at parties!

ahhh lmao top stuff!

eSouL

wu5.jpg

so this breaks NDA? lol

funny how many people are over-reacting.

John

i don't call it over reacting, i call it abiding by the rules :huh: what is it with people and problems with authority? when someone says don't do something to/with something of theirs, that means don't do it :hmmm:

mm3h

Edit: Looks good (Y)

Autoexec
Sheesh what people wouldn't do to be noticed on a popular site...

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow it looks just like the old one anyway :p

John

yes, looks are everything... do you have any idea about what is new with v5? :hmmm:

Nexus-

browsing avalible updates

post-11-1071823483.jpg

Nexus-

reboot? i like how they brought the automatic updating and the manual windows update.com updating to be the same the gui is the same and the process is the same like if you manualy download updates then the auto update client realises it and will not try to downlad and get you to install them (supposing that you dont reboot when installing updates is complete). Here i have manualy downloaded updates the auto update client realises it and is telling me that i need to reboot. Note that i never did install updates with the auto update clien tho. Thats how i figured that its tied together :yes:

post-11-1071823867.jpg

Banzai

Looks good! I want sp2! How come when msn messenger came out as a beta the howl web had it and now no one has sp2 in beta form

Fredde87

what are you talking about? the beta is everywhere.. it is very simple to find.. and most people (regular users) use msn but my grandmother doesnt really care about sp2 :p

dougkinzinger

To all WUv5 screenshot posters: Know that Microsoft has seen this thread, and believe it or not, I had nothing to do with it!