[REQ] Windows Update V5 Screenies

To all WUv5 screenshot posters: Know that Microsoft has seen this thread, and believe it or not, I had nothing to do with it!

oooooo....then this is a good opportunity to say HI microsoft, luv your software! even when it crashes i still think its the greatest

I wonder...does this new version of Windows Update detect those with illegal cd keys?

Im sure it dose once it notes that you have got an illegal key it then sends the FBI round to your house. Also HI Microsoft, can you tell me how much spy ware will be in Longhorn or if you plan on filing the 200MB SP2 with spy ware and that?s why its so big? Just wandered?

Well, genius, did you think of posting a bug report at BetaPlace? Oh, no, of course not, you're not a beta tester, are you :crazy:

you might as well give up with the

"omg your not a beta tester"

everyone will have it by the end of next week :p

Don't call me clueless you punk. I was just showing what error i got. I never said "i wish i could report it to microsoft" or anything, jeez just relax.

-gosh

Easy there, killer, or you'll be late for school today.

Im sure it dose once it notes that you have got an illegal key it then sends the FBI round to your house. Also HI Microsoft, can you tell me how much spy ware will be in Longhorn or if you plan on filing the 200MB SP2 with spy ware and that?s why its so big? Just wandered?

Ahh the joys of m$'s idea of trusted computing.

I am a beta tester but my stupid thing hasnt sorted itself out i even got a email from ms so whats up with that???

Oh a MS thanks for this wonderful OS :) Have a Proper Crimbo!

Uh-oh...you've angered the MS Nazi! (Dougkinzinger)

Seriously, though. I gotta side with Dougkinzinger on this one. I am a tester, and the NDA clearly states that screenshots (or any other demonstration) are unauthorized UNLESS the product has been publicly demonstrated.

--Kas

I am a beta tester but my stupid thing hasnt sorted itself out i even got a email from ms so whats up with that???

Oh a MS thanks for this wonderful OS :) Have a Proper Crimbo!

Reset your newsgroup list - you'll get all 11 WU5/SP2 groups there...

Seriously, though. I gotta side with Dougkinzinger on this one. I am a tester, and the NDA clearly states that screenshots (or any other demonstration) are unauthorized UNLESS the product has been publicly demonstrated.

--Kas

Totally right. Although there are some ambuguities in the sentence "product has been publicly demonstrated" as one could argue that the product Windows XP has been demonstrated.

Also, what constitutes a demonstration?

Can a Cumulative patch be a product if a number of fixes are already in the public domain?

Does the fact that patches are in the public domain qualify as a demonstration of an aspect/or a whole of the Service Patch?

Hmm... Legal brain working overtime... But kids... Breaking the NDA is Bad, mmmok. Although Neowin has done it and posted links to breaches on the home page... :unsure: :shifty:

Leebobs

Point is, the NDA prohibits the disclosure of any screenshots of BETA stuff. SP2 and WU5 are both BETA. That's all there is to it. The NDA prohibits the discloure of SP2 and WU5 junk.

It's funny how there is a small group of people who for some reason think they're superior because they're on a Microsoft Beta program and like to undermine those who aren't. Believe me you're not superior for simply entering a Guest ID from Neowin or an email. What amuses me more is that MVPs know one of my Beta IDs was kicked from MS-Betas and post publicly about this, however I'm still reading what you're saying guys cause I'm on the SP2 beta so hi :)

Blame Microsoft for the leaks - they've got the option to tag their software they release. Are they harsh on their testers? Do they select the correct batch of testers? No.