2-Year-Old Accidentally Kills His Mom in Wal-Mart

CPL instructors around here look for the 'hero' traits and they don't sign off on them. Remember that most instructors are current or retired cops. Many also bring in people who have had to use their weapon to discuss their experiences.

As to after; sometimes where you live, those who come into your area, or a no-win situation forces taking action on you. Pray you never have to go there as you feel anything but heroic. Glad you and/or someone else survived? Certainly. Heroic? Don't be silly.

Then you must live in a different world than me because I know the cpl guys around Here and not only do they discuss there hero fantasies openly, but its a business period. You would have to basically point it at them out of line to fail getting it.

It apparently is different, even for the classes at ranges. They'll drop a "hero" or someone who doesn't get the safety drill in a minute. Quite a few of the classes are offered by the local PD, and there are often special classes for women.

It apparently is different, even for the classes at ranges. They'll drop a "hero" or someone who doesn't get the safety drill in a minute. Quite a few of the classes are offered by the local PD, and there are often special classes for women.

Its even worse one state over, I got my cpl in Washington with nothing more than a clean record and photo ID. No class at all.

Here classes are mandatory for a CPL and run $135-$175. Handgun purchases require an NICS & State background check and purchase permit, $10 for all, run at the local PD. CPL holders don't need the checks or permit since we've already gone through the anal exam.

OTOH, if you open carry no CPL is needed. It's not concealed, and you could have a Howitzer in tow if you wanted.

BUT. don't carry a 3.1" knife as the limit is 3" except when hunting or fishing.

I have yet to meet a person who claims to own handguns for target practice that has not later admitted to a fantasy of being the hero in some kind of situation. I will freely admit as a gun owner the thought has crossed my mind in the past, although thankfully I live in a safer neighborhood and carry my weapon less and less. Local media is ripping this woman apart for how she carried the gun. If I find a good local editorial, I will post it.

Oh I completely agree with you.  I said I could never kill a helpless animal - but when I am staring through a scope - at a small target 100yds, 200yds, or more - I have thought of 3d 1st person shooter games, being a sniper, being in a war, people I dont like... I'll admit it.

I think of how easy it would be for me to sit somewhere a couple hundred yards away - pick someone off I dont like, and then laugh as police try to run ballistics on a gun that is handmade, one of a kind - good luck getting the gun for a ballistics match....

Of course, I would never act on it - but I'll be honest - it has crossed my mind, not as something that would be cool, but something that would be possible... if they ever passed a law like in the movie where murder is allowed for a 24hr period... OPEN SEASON !!  :rofl:

Wyoming has the 2nd lowest population density in the US and the smallest population, so the 7th lowest crime rate is nothing to brag about and neither is never having had a mass shooting.

Population: 584,153

rofl

With such a low density it's impossible to have a mass shooting as there's never enough people in a given place/time for a shooting to be considered a mass shooting ;)

Irresponsible or not, poor kid this is so terrible. A lifetime of therapy will still not help him be able to live a normal life after such tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine...

He may be protected by infantile amnesia. Before age 3-4 several of the brain structures involved in memory encoding are immature, causing many early event memories to fade with age.

After that he's at the mercy of people reminding him, or Google if he searches for his mother.