rr looks bad

alt.binaries.warez

alt.binaries.warez.ibm-pc.os

alt.binaries.cd.image

warez mispelled as wares

in a previous post

flish...thanks much

great job

Thanks I could use the help spreading, I am currently getting smashed on Emule for the files. a few full sources is a big help!!! Remember to set it on Release Priority.

I would love to help spread the bandwidth, so I downloaded eMule, got an updated server list and connected with DevilBytes or something far away, shared AutoPatcher Full Dec release and set the Priority to Release, but no one is d/l'ing from me.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better server (like one in this country - USA) that would be better?

I have no clue what I am doing...

Any help?

Is the autopatcher website down or is it me?

Site's up for me... you should be able to get there. If not, try www.xpautopatcher.com. Same site, just sometimes works if the other doesn't.

Let me look into that .Net issue a couple of you got... I've not run into it myself, but I'll do some testing. As far as the DVD Pack, issue a couple of ya got, it should be fine with the way it's named... and I checked, it is there on both releases... I'll look into that as well.

On the brightside, it seems most of you are not having any issues... and as you all know, there will always be an issue or two (I know people who have had issues installing from Windows Update). So this is normal. Once again, glad you're all enjoying it! :D

He Flish....Still haven't had the stuff to translate from you.....Are we skipping that part, r adding it later in the "All languages" -release?

I'll be sending you some stuff shortly... sorry, just been busy. :D

2. Why are the other two logs blocked from loading to see if the updates were installed in the previous release?? Or are they not needed? I'm asking because it doesn't seem like it picked up everything that was installed in the November release.

They're blocked because they're not detected. It looks to see what logs you have and just gives you the options of what's there. :) And it should have picked it up, well, except if a file was updated (like MSN Messenger) or moved, then it won't... so a few might look like they were missed.

Looks like the direct links are dead already.....we go to sort this distribution method out

D'oh! Lemme mark yours to down... and check out another that was uploading!

EDIT - Yours still seem to be up? Also the other is finally done uploading, so it's now marked as up. :)

Edited by FlishFun

I would love to help spread the bandwidth, so I downloaded eMule, got an updated server list and connected with DevilBytes or something far away, shared AutoPatcher Full Dec release and set the Priority to Release, but no one is d/l'ing from me.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better server (like one in this country - USA) that would be better?

I have no clue what I am doing...

Any help?

Thanks for setting it up!!

Be sure that you are connected to a server. Click on the Server Tab and choose one of the larger servers who have more files and or Users.

Like Razorback, Adanet, Lovepoint etc. Also, if you are behind a firewall and or router, you will need to configure it opening a few ports If you need any further assistance or questions about Emule, just let me know. I can also provide the port information for you if you need it. Sorry it took a bit to respond, just getting back on :)

Edited by AgEnTsMiTh

Congratulations On The Release & Flish It Detects The Previous Patches Installed Or Do I Have To Do That Manually ??

Congratulations On The Release & Flish It Detects The Previous Patches Installed Or Do I Have To Do That Manually ??

If you had run the Nov Update, it will come up and say it found logs, tell it you want to use them and it will deselect the stuff you installed before. Also, it has an automatic reg checker that will check your registry and deselect any update it finds. :)

Well, I have the Dec Update 25% D/l'd and can't wait to try it out.....kudos to Flish and Co. for getting it done in a timely manner AND making sure it is bug free; which is of course, the most important part....I am interested in hosting it on eMule or something similiar once I get it up and running.....I have never used eMule before and know virtually nothing about it....anyone have any suggestions on where to read up on it, ect?

I hate to be the barer of bad news but the December update seriously screwed up my system.

Here's how it happened

1. installed November update successfully a few weeks ago

2. read about the rhodiumx skin on this forum, installed it (including the uxtheme.dll patch)

3. waited with baited breath for the december update

4. downloaded the dec update and went through the install checklist. I noticed the uxtheme patch was there also.

5. selected most of the updates including the uxtheme patch

6. everything went smoothly until it got to the .net update where it gave me an install error, clicked ok and it continued

7. seemed to keep going, was in explorer at the time (probably should have had all programs closed at the time :p ) when suddenly my whole screen went grey (my default background colour)

8. alt-tabbed back to autopatcher and noticed it had successfully finished

9. rebooted my system only to come back up to a bare grey screen as before, explorer.exe was not running

10. ran task manager and went looking for explorer.exe, couldnt find it in \windows *doh*

11. chose to look for all files rather than just programs and found explorer.old, renamed it and tried to run it, an error message came up saying it couldnt find uxtheme.dll. Clicked ok and it took me back to task manager

12. couldnt find uxtheme.dll in my c:\windows dir or subfolders

13. went to the autopatcher november dir and it was in there, copied the file into my windows\system32 dir

14 ran the renamed explorer.exe program again and explorer came up fine, but the rhodiumx skin was gone

15 tried to load the skin up in display properties and only the windows classic skin appears (assume the uxtheme.dll file is no longer patched and rhodiumx skin will come back up again if I do)

If it wasnt for my fantastic fault finding skills and the MCP hanging on the wall i'd be reloading my system as we 'speak' :cool:

Not sure what happened but i assume it had something to do with the uxtheme patch within the december update being installed even though i had already patched uxtheme.dll with the util from the rhodiumx website.

Not pointing any fingers, just thought i'd let you guys know of what happened :rolleyes:

I just wanted to know if you guys were up to releasing a French version of the autopatcher, because I go to format computers everyday, and They're all in french, so the autopatcher doesn't work.

If you need help, I don't mind helping!

I hate to be the barer of bad news but the December update seriously screwed up my system.

Here's how it happened

Not pointing any fingers, just thought i'd let you guys know of what happened :rolleyes:

Well, I have some ideas of what may have happened:

1. This will happen if you incorrectly patch November to December (not using the Updater and trying to do it manually, or not patching at all and just trying to run the update as the full program)

2. One of the tweaks the AP does is swap out explorer.exe with a patched one (this is where your screen would go blank, it renames explorer.exe and uxtheme.dll to .old files and then replaces them)... if you Alt+Tab to the AP and tell it to finish before it comes back up, this could happen.

Those are the only two things I know of that would cause this... number 1 being the most common thing.

none of the direct links for the full install work. baa! :(

Just saw that... I guess 12 hours of people downloadin' killed them... I'm trying to get them back up and also others! :D

@aStRaLgOd - We will be making different language versions of the AP, but if you download it, in the Documentation folder, there is a step-by-step instruction of how to make one yourself. :)

QUOTE (Communicator @ Dec 17 2003, 08:21)

He Flish....Still haven't had the stuff to translate from you.....Are we skipping that part, r adding it later in the "All languages" -release? 

I'll be sending you some stuff shortly... sorry, just been busy. 

All right....I'll be a patient boy! :rolleyes: :p

Edited by Communicator