AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Official Thread

Do We Have A FULL Installer Of AP 4.2 ??

Nope, links are down right now and the hosts of those servers seem to be offline... soon as I can get ahold of them we'll see if we can bring them back up. I have someone offering a nice server, unlimited bandwidth, but gotta wait a bit before we get it... so hold on people, I'm workin' on it....

hey Flishfun, read my msg back 2 pages, it'll give you a better idea on the error, i'm also getting that, but this is on a fresh install of windows, nothing else applied except autopatcher.

hey Flishfun, read my msg back 2 pages, it'll give you a better idea on the error, i'm also getting that, but this is on a fresh install of windows, nothing else applied except autopatcher.

Post errors you find here: Bug Reports

So far we only can find those two, and we're working on figuring it out... we have some ideas... :)

Very cool! With an XP and a 2000 update CD, I'll be a system-buildin', updatin' mofo!

er...yeah....anyway...thanks for the great work guys! It IS appreciated!

--Kas

I know... wish I could get ahold of my hosts... figure out why the servers went down. :(

If you had run the Nov Update, it will come up and say it found logs, tell it you want to use them and it will deselect the stuff you installed before. Also, it has an automatic reg checker that will check your registry and deselect any update it finds. :)

But it does it find all of them?? I asked earlier in the thread about the fact that when I first started the program the bottom two logs are not selectable. I made sure to select the main log but it still didn't pick up everything from the previous install. Not being able to select the other logs is the reason why not everything is selected?

Does this work with non English installs of XP? Looking to update a customer's machine which has French Win/XP.

Thanks.

Nope, right now it's just english, but it contains instructions on how to make it work on other lang installs. :)

But it does it find all of them?? I asked earlier in the thread about the fact that when I first started the program the bottom two logs are not selectable. I made sure to select the main log but it still didn't pick up everything from the previous install. Not being able to select the other logs is the reason why not everything is selected?

See below:

They're blocked because they're not detected.  It looks to see what logs you have and just gives you the options of what's there.  :)  And it should have picked it up, well, except if a file was updated (like MSN Messenger) or moved, then it won't... so a few might look like they were missed.

Well here's a reason for one server being down (DJ Prem's):

Hello,

Please be advised that your hosting account danilpremgi.com is in violation of our Internet Service Agreement at http://www.webmasters.com/agreement.htm due to consistent 73% CPU usage by your website during the last 48 hours. CPU usage must never exceed 33% on shared hosting accounts. We have found the following to be the primary cause of your problem:

GET /~PhinalPhantasm/AutoPatcherXP_Dec.exe

Unfortunately, your website has caused downtime for other clients on your server on multiple occasions, and we must take immediate action to disable your account in order to preserve the quality and integrity of our service. In order to re-activate your account, please confirm that you will correct the above problem within 72 hours from the time of this notice. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

WEBMASTERS.COM

Security Department

So I'm working on uploading it to others right now, and also, hopefully... getting the other server back up. :D

well looks like this shut down my whole dedicated server, ots offline, you guys killed it! :p well, they check the servers every 2 hours to make sure there all on, so i don't know when it went offline, but it will be back on soon :D

2. One of the tweaks the AP does is swap out explorer.exe with a patched one (this is where your screen would go blank, it renames explorer.exe and uxtheme.dll to .old files and then replaces them)... if you Alt+Tab to the AP and tell it to finish before it comes back up, this could happen.

what tweak is that??? i don't want my files changed, uxtheme is fine, but not the rest

server is being hammered, please stop, if it says its down its down, or if your using a download accelerator that will keep trying over and over the server might nevr go on, it might be oc-12 but its only a 2.4 celron with 512 megs of ram, have pity for the server

what tweak is that??? i don't want my files changed, uxtheme is fine, but not the rest

The one that replaces the 8 bit icons in the classic view... it's an explorer hack. That's the only one, I promise. :)