Scarlett Johansson will star in the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie

1 hour ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Just give me scarjo buck nekked, im game.

edit: also awesome version of enojy the silence.

The mix reminds me of the Ricki Tik Tik mix (say that anytimes fast) mixed (ha!) with the Hands and Feet mix of Enjoy the Silence.

2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Just give me scarjo buck nekked, im game.

edit: also awesome version of enojy the silence.

The mix reminds me of the Ricki Tik Tik mix (say that anytimes fast) mixed (ha!) with the Hands and Feet mix of Enjoy the Silence.

Also, just saw this posted and freaked the hell out after seeing it. Incredible imo, by the original composer Kenji Kawai doing a new drum sequence for it (I think live at the Tokyo event):

And then this, a 40 minute Q/A session from the Tokyo event, with Scarjo, the director and one of the Japanese stars of the movie. But beware, I don't know if they talk about plot spoilers for those of you who've never seen the anime or read the manga or just in general of course:

• Like 2

You can clearly see how they are borrowing set pieces from the original movie and even the first TV series.  I think it looks good,  now we just need to see if their story holds up. 

Yeah, some of it is directly from the anime, which is amazing to me. Seeing her coming out of camo and nailing that dude in the water, RIGHT out of the anime. So good lol Still not so hot on her skin thing. I mean I get it, in the anime she was butt nekkid and they can't do that if they want to avoid an R rating. But the anime was violent and had nudity, and would be an R obviously (don't remember if it got R here back then). Obviously they are going for a PG-13 rating with her segmented parts/skin deal they are going with. Looks OK, maybe its the color throwing me off.

Also, the people complaining about the white washing, need to read the original manga. She isn't Japanese in the manga, and she's not even a she really lol

• Like 1

If I want to check out the story, but not into anime or reading - would that 1995 movie be OK to check out ?

I am curious, like the plot I read, but not into all of the anime/manga stuff.

7 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

If I want to check out the story, but not into anime or reading - would that 1995 movie be OK to check out ?

Yeah. Looks like this movie is inspired heavily by the first anime movie.

The one you want to get is Ghost in the Shell 2.0.

23 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure they won't even touch on all the philosophical stuff the manga and anime have touched on over the years. So you should be fine.

15 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Yeah. Looks like this movie is inspired heavily by the first anime movie.

2.0, you mean Innocence right? Still haven't seen that, or "The New Movie" yet.

Oh, ok an enhanced original. I thought you meant Innocence because here in the west it has the 2.0 moniker if I remember correctly since they didn't know how good it would do here without it.

2 hours ago, trag3dy said:

No way! 2.0 is a horrid remaster that butchers the visual style of the original! Worst of all it replaces many wonderfully hand animated scenes with tacky cgi! :pinch:

Go with the original I'd say. :)

No nudity means PG-13. PG-13 means that the target audience is young teenagers. This is trying to complete with Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars instead of good movies like The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly, and Blade Runner.

2 hours ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

No nudity means PG-13. PG-13 means that the target audience is young teenagers. This is trying to complete with Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars instead of good movies like The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly, and Blade Runner.

Did you really think they were going to go for an R? WIth people's heads exploding and all that? Not to mention the boobies etc. Probably was never on the table, except for the original anime team begging Hollywood not to butcher it further.

2 hours ago, LOC said:

Did you really think they were going to go for an R? WIth people's heads exploding and all that? Not to mention the boobies etc. Probably was never on the table, except for the original anime team begging Hollywood not to butcher it further.

It is an insult to the original. The ######## cartoon will be more adult oriented than the live action version. That is terrible.

Hey I totally get it. GitS was the first anime I ever saw back in 95 or whenever it came out. Saw it and was blown away. But I never thought they'd get away with that in a live action movie. But then again, in a Deadpool and Kick-Ass world, it could have been done. But if they did, it would limit its appeal sadly, and in this case that could be the kiss of death for the movie.

On 11/14/2016 at 1:22 PM, T3X4S said:

Not really into the anime stuff either but I enjoyed the 95 movie. Check it out.

10 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Not really into the anime stuff either but I enjoyed the 95 movie. Check it out.

I started the 2.0 movie - but it was anime - I cant stand that stuff.  Between the music and the style of animation - just not me.

I might give it another shot.

You don't have to watch the second movie really,  it's pretty looking but that is all.   The story is way too much into the philosophical that it will either bore you to death or just go way over your head. 

You're better off watching the original movie and then at least the first TV series. 

On 11/14/2016 at 7:28 PM, LOC said:

Hey I totally get it. GitS was the first anime I ever saw back in 95 or whenever it came out. Saw it and was blown away. But I never thought they'd get away with that in a live action movie. But then again, in a Deadpool and Kick-Ass world, it could have been done. But if they did, it would limit its appeal sadly, and in this case that could be the kiss of death for the movie.

I feel anime can get too dangerous for me. Makes me reflect on life at times or that emotional if not envious need to want that adventurous life-style they lead in some of the shows :pinch:. Just don't get too sucked into it else you'll turn into some crazed weaboo.

On 11/15/2016 at 9:09 PM, T3X4S said:

I started the 2.0 movie - but it was anime - I cant stand that stuff.  Between the music and the style of animation - just not me.

I might give it another shot.

Curious, what don't you like about anime? I got introduced to anime by some asian guy in my class that was selling cds to me in high school that I soon later found out later he just burned them to disc from groups that did it for free :shifty:.

6 hours ago, Morisato said:

I feel anime can get too dangerous for me. Makes me reflect on life at times or that emotional if not envious need to want that adventurous life-style they lead in some of the shows :pinch:. Just don't get too sucked into it else you'll turn into some crazed weaboo.

Curious, what don't you like about anime? I got introduced to anime by some asian guy in my class that was selling cds to me in high school that I soon later found out later he just burned them to disc from groups that did it for free :shifty:.

Just feels to childish to me.  Guess Im too old. :/

On 11/17/2016 at 9:55 PM, T3X4S said:

Just feels to childish to me.  Guess Im too old. :/

Dude, I'm 47 in 9 days, and I watch anime!

People seem to think that just because it's a cartoon, it's for kids.  It's not.  Trust me on that. A large amount of anime would never even get made in Hollywood because it's far too adult rated...

• Like 3