Scarlett Johansson will star in the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie

1 hour ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Dude, I'm 47 in 9 days, and I watch anime!

People seem to think that just because it's a cartoon, it's for kids.  It's not.  Trust me on that. A large amount of anime would never even get made in Hollywood because it's far too adult rated...

In fact, as an example of that... A common meme in anime is something called "Magical Girls". I'm sure you've heard of it.  Well, try looking up a Magical Girl series called Puella Magi Madoka Magica because that shines a whole new light on what happens to a Magical Girl when she loses a fight! :p In fact, even the act of becoming a magical girl has quite an unexpected price!

Anime can definitely be quite mature. If anyone is interested in seeing some that don't revolve around teen age boys with super powers then check these out, in no particular order:

Monster - psychological horror, you won't anything like this in tv or movies in the US, it's pretty brilliant

Ghost in the Shell - sci-fi, also psychological, explores what happens when the line between human and machine blurs, while it has action that's not what it's about

Black Lagoon - gratuitous violence at it's finest, great cast of characters

Cowboy Bebop - a true classic, my all time favorite, cowboy bounty hunters in space, what's not to like? It's a very well put together episodic anime, also Spike is a badass and inspired by Bruce Lee, has a very good english dub, my preferred version to watch

Ergo Proxy - more sci-fi, also psychological, takes place thousands of years after the world dies and life only exists in domed cities (that are also dieing)

Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) - comedy about an ex biker gang leader who decides he wants to become a teacher

Jin-Rou - The Wolf Brigade - about a soldier who witnesses a girl die via suicide bomb, psychological drama

Mononoke Hime (otherwise known as Princess Mononoke) - action fantasy, Studio Ghibli, about a warrior from a small village who is cursed by a dead giant boar, goes on a journey to cleanse the curse, brilliant animation that still holds up, the english dub is really good

And this post is really off topic. :shifty:

11 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Dude, I'm 47 in 9 days, and I watch anime!

People seem to think that just because it's a cartoon, it's for kids.  It's not.  Trust me on that. A large amount of anime would never even get made in Hollywood because it's far too adult rated...

Yeah, I just cant get into it - 

• 2 months later...

It's looking good in my opinion,  I love the fact that they're using scenes from the original movie and the first TV series.