Looking for my first home theater-in-a-box

I bought my first LCD TV a year ago and after a year of usage would like to have a decent sound system to hook up to it, the TV has digital audio output. As it happens, after 17 years of service my home stereo system has finally died. So I'm looking for a replacement for the stereo system, to connect to the TV. I've spent a few hours browsing Amazon and Newegg but haven't found what I need.

None of the best-selling models of "home theater in a box" devices have the basic features I need to fully replace the stereo:

• The device need to have some sort of analog audio AUX input, RCA or 1/8 inch (35mm), for the LP record player.
  • It needs some sort of headphone capabilities. A jack for output to wired headphones, RCA or 1/8 inch (35mm) is fine. Ideally it would support multiple wireless headphones, via Bluetooth is fine. A few devices seem to support outputting the audio to a smartphone and from there to Bluetooth headphones, but I would like to avoid that complexity.
  • It needs to have HDMI or 1/8 inch (35mm) input for a laptop.
  • I don't want to spend more than $300 for this system.

I don't need a Blu-ray player, I already bought one at the same time as I bought the TV, but that seems to be standard with this type of device.

Thanks!

You might want to look into a medium sized technics or similar 5. 1 hifi system for that budget

If you were prepared to splash out, I'd recommend some really nice Rotel systems

(for what they are, technics aren't really all that bad)

While not what you are looking for... I'd suggest building a cheap 2 or 2.1 setup with a receiver instead of a htib. You can pick up a entry level receiver from onkyo or pioneer for around 250 to 300. Then just buy separates as you can afford. The speakers you get in htib are very cheap...

Does your record player need PHONO inputs or does it have an actual Phono--> Line out  on the back. Most receivers will not have PHONO inputs and everything coming out of the LP's will be high pitched 

Does your record player need PHONO inputs or does it have an actual Phono--> Line out  on the back. Most receivers will not have PHONO inputs and everything coming out of the LP's will be high pitched 

I don't know, I don't have the manual anymore. Its a TEAC P-a400, which apparently has a preamp FWIW. These are the only outputs on the record player:

post-1865-0-94695900-1422317989.jpg

I don't know, I don't have the manual anymore. Its a TEAC P-a400, which apparently has a preamp FWIW. These are the only outputs on the record player:

The built in preamp means you'll be fine! I would still find something metal to clip that horse-shoe wire to help with any ground loops