Help fixing NTFS partition under OSX

Hey guys.

I'm having some trouble with an external hard drive. Got accidentally disconnected while writing and some files got corrupted, but on top of that it seems to have messed up the index because a lot of other files in one folder are missing yet the space is still taken.

I have Tuxera's ntfs driver and while it has an utility for checking errors it doesn't seem to do anything. I think maybe plugging it in a Windows PC and running chkdsk would do the trick but I don't have any available now and would prefer to fix it myself before I start bothering friends :D

Do you guys know of any way or 3rd party program that can scan and repair rtfs drives under OS X? OS version is latest.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I can already write to the drive. I think those drivers should work the same.

I need to run some sort of OS X chkdsk alternative, but can't seem to find one (except the one included with the driver which didn't do anything).

honestly.. your best bet is to install windows in a VM on that Mac.. You can read and write to NTFS with mac.. but you don't get all the powerful tools to use with it..