please help with windows messenger

Does anyone know where to download Windows Messenger? I installed windows me on my computer when I already had Xp to try and dual boot, but it replaced my messenger, now I only have the old one, and I dont want to reinstall Windows XP. Please help some one thanks

I know I actually tried installing it in a different directory, I have a legit copy, im not trying to get windows messenger illegally but it actually did get replaced, i thnk becuase its in the messenger directory, that directory is the same in both Windows versions...

• 2 years later...

Go to MSN website: http://messenger.msn.com/ then download. thats all.. :devil: :laugh: and If you don't like that old version of MSN messenger: Here how to uninstall MSN messenger :laugh: Not anymore MSN messenger ver 4.7

Control Panel

Add / Remove Programs

Click on "Add/Remove Windows Components" on the left

UNcheck "Windows Messenger"

Click "NEXT"

Click "Finish"

Reboot

post-11-1067995915.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey everybody i'm having a problem with MSN Messenger 7.5 It's telling me that my firewall is blocking it from connecting, and I turned my firewall off completely. After doing that it's still not working I could use some help, thanks!

Does anyone know where to download Windows Messenger? I installed windows me on my computer when I already had Xp to try and dual boot, but it replaced my messenger, now I only have the old one, and I dont want to reinstall Windows XP. Please help some one thanks

5313[/snapback]

I believe that you can download it from Microsoft. Heres the link, I don't know why you would want Windows Messenger though, MSN Messenger is the same, but you get more features with MSN Messenger..

Windows Messenger 5.1

P.S. You need a legal copy of Windows though.

• 2 weeks later...

5313[/snapback]

Go to add/remove

Then windows components

Then select it

then insert CD and watch it go

Go to add/remove

Then windows components

Then select it

then insert CD and watch it go

586681506[/snapback]

Where can I obtain a copy of Windows OneCare?